Location of game files

Rule the world - or die trying!
Mmeaninglessnamee

Location of game files

#1 Post by Mmeaninglessnamee » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 am

I recently bought LLTQ and really like it, but I happened to be looking through the files for the game and am confused about where some of the files are.

For example, C:/Program Files (x86)/Long Live The Queen/game/map has only the file "barracks" (the barracks icon, of course), game/heads has only alice and evrard, and game/music has only the chopin peace for death.

I know from reading an older forum topic that the music might be under copyright or whatever and thus could possibly be a more encrypted filetype or something, but I can't find anything in the forums or on my computer to indicate where the other game files are.

[Windows 7 professional. I got the demo first, then the full version from the site. I also have a steam copy, and the files for it are also incomplete in the same manner.]
Any help or info is appreciated. My game works fine, but the missing files bug me enough that i made an account to post this.
[edit: i've also searched my computer for files/folders named for the game engine. Nothing, not even save files]

SET

Re: Location of game files

#2 Post by SET » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 am

Most sounds and images are in the .rpa (Ren'Py Archive) file LongLiveTheQueen/game/llq.rpa.

iluiana

#3 Post by iluiana » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:40 am

Yeah, the game files are archived, so you can't really get your hands on the music or art for obvious reasons.

Mmeaninglessnamee

#4 Post by Mmeaninglessnamee » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:58 am

Ah, okay. It seems like the barracks and misc other stuff added later just weren't put in the archives, I guess.

I'm assuming that people who have game images for their avatars then just cut them out from a screenshot. (or that those people have extra access because they are mods or something)

It just means that I'll have to get the images myself if I want a gallery of all of Elodie's incredibly cute emotions.

iluiana

#5 Post by iluiana » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:21 am

There are a few expressions of hers on the forum, in the avatar gallery.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Files added later weren't archived so that people using the updater to patch wouldn't have to redownload the entire archive.