been blessed by the favour of cats?

Rule the world - or die trying!
Aster

been blessed by the favour of cats?

#1 Post by Aster » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:28 am

(I can't believe my first post is going to be such a redundant question ...)

Sorry everyone, but I can't figure this achievement out. The closest I found to a solution was in this thread, and I understand that it has to do with the commoner uprising in Week 38 (particularly the concert solution). I just finished my last playthrough and managed to get to that point, but no matter which choice I pick, the commoners are appeased without the appearance of any cats. There weren't any skill checks, so I'm wondering where I went wrong.

My best guess is that my Animal Handling scores were too low to lead to that scenario (I had about 100 points in total). Are they necessary in this case, or should I have focused more on my Instrument + Voice total (about 140 points)? Also, is holding Briony hostage during the civil war a requirement (although I don't see how that could be the case)? I was able to settle it with a high Wield Magic score, so I didn't bother with Lore.
Oh, and does Adair have anything to do with this event? I had him assassinated in order to install Talarist as the Duke of Elath since I guessed that would probably lead to a decrease in both noble and commoner approvals. Now that I think about it, you need a good Animal Handling score in order to get along with him.

I'm absolutely in love with this game, but the two achievements I still have to unlock are driving me nuts.

Franka

Re: been blessed by the favour of cats?

#2 Post by Franka » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:03 am

It's a hidden skill check, which is another reason why it's so obscure. It doesn't actually have anything to do with the concert, but it's a choice that can be given at the same time the concert would be. What skill is required, you ask? At this time I guess we might as well spoil it, but... well, check week 38 in the wiki.

Aster

#3 Post by Aster » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:38 am

And to think that all this time I was under the impression that the concert was the way to go.
I checked the wiki. Since it's the only option that hadn't appeared as one of the choices, I'm guessing that giving out free food is the solution. I'm confused as to what the hidden check is, though - the condition listed is having enough money in the treasury (> 300 lassi?). I've got about eleven-thousand lassi in the treasury but the option still isn't available. :/

So if it's a skill, is it one of trade/production/accounting?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Free Food was removed from the options at that point when the coronation celebration was added to the main route. It's not that.

Aster

#5 Post by Aster » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:01 pm

I figured it out! I hadn't given much thought to the 'heal the sick' option because a partial success yielded no results. Turns out that the divination skill-check was the hidden one after herbs>80. That scenario definitely makes more sense compared to staging a concert. I was wondering how a serious game could integrate cat blessings into the story.

I got the achievement. Thank you Franka and Hanako! :3