Stubborn Achievements

Rule the world - or die trying!
Hazel

Stubborn Achievements

#1 Post by Hazel » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm down to three to unlock, not counting the epilogue windows.

I could have sworn I'd had a Mervan uprising one time when I executed and/or exiled the entire Mervan ducal house, but apparently the achievement isn't there. "Blessed by cats" is notoriously difficult but I think I know what I'm short of.

What flusters me is the "reward for a fugitive" part. I've had agents set to track a fugitive, and they have tracked a known associate of said fugitive, but no dice. Maybe if they don't know who the associate is? Ugh, so frustrating.

So close to completion! Ahh!

(I did get Alice's ending, though.)

Magnificate

Re: Stubborn Achievements

#2 Post by Magnificate » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 pm

I got Mervan achievement in one particularly bloody session, so it could be that both the 'absence' of nobles and poor commoner approval is required. It'll also unlock one of the epilogues.

Fugitive achievement requires Decoration 100 and NOT consulting Brin.

I can't seem to get the Divorce achievement. How do I do that? Who is supposed to be divorced in the first place?

plutokiss

#3 Post by plutokiss » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:25 am

For the divorce achievement I'm pretty sure it's the Duchess of Mead and her husband. I'm stuck on that, too. Can't seem to get Briony to tell Elodie about the divorce, which I'm assuming is in the letter on Week 31.

EDIT: Got it. Seems you need to offer to help Briony, ask about her parents, and pass the Internal Affairs test. Not sure if you HAVE to pass the test, but I'm pretty sure you do have talk to Briony, because even with maxed Ciphering she had nothing to say about her parents if I warned her off or tattled.

Hazel

#4 Post by Hazel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:24 am

This is how I got the divorce achievement:

* At the very beginning of the game, imprison Julianna.
* Ignatius will come to you asking for help because Ursul has no duke.
* A good first indication that this is working is if they are dancing at arm's length at the Royal Ball.
* Get to Gwenelle's party safely.
* Get Briony to return to the palace with you (easiest with Faith#Lore >= 60).
* Don't go on Briony's adventure, stay at the palace.
* Corisande will show up as usual, but take Briony back to Mead with her.
* Briony will send a letter, for Intrigue#Ciphering >= 30 you can decode the PS that says her parents are divorcing.
* This last check might not go off right if you piss off Kevan on week 13 at the trial.

Lillah/Mead/Ursul relations are complicated. Man, that family is half of why I replay this game so often.

plutokiss

#5 Post by plutokiss » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 am

I actually got Briony to admit her parents were fighting in the first letter by failing all the checks when trying to imprison the woman, which causes her to mention Kevan's paranoia. Her parents were still at arm's length during the ball, though, regardless of how the trial turned out, so I'm not sure that first letter matters much.

Magnificate

#6 Post by Magnificate » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Hazel wrote:* Briony will send a letter, for Intrigue#Ciphering >= 30 you can decode the PS that says her parents are divorcing.
Wait, isn't that the Terrible Family Secret achievement?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 pm

The letter's contents can change depending on how events have played out earlier with her family.

plutokiss

#8 Post by plutokiss » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:03 am

Going through my achievements, I realized I hadn't unlocked "encountered a tentacle monster" even though I have in fact encountered a tentacle monster on two separate playthroughs (during one of which Elodie was sacrificed so that I could see the death graphic; I have no regrets).

Magnificate

#9 Post by Magnificate » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Hazel wrote:This is how I got the divorce achievement:
YES!

Now I've got all achievements, all deaths, all epilogues.

Hazel

#10 Post by Hazel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 am

Two more down, only one to go: Julianna's death and the Mervan rebellion. Nova is hemorrhaging duchies like, uh, a dying kingdom?