Achievement Help

Rule the world - or die trying!
Duszynski

Achievement Help

#1 Post by Duszynski » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:34 am

There are four achievements I really have no clue about getting. Otherwise, I've either gotten all the others or know how to get them.

- Interpersonal Diplomacy (caused a couple to divorce)
- A Divine Omen (blessed by the favor of cats)
- Casting a Shadow (unleashed a creeping shade)
- Rebellious Province (rebellion in Merva)

I don't care about spoilers, so be straightforward. I've read hints about these achievements, and that hasn't really helped. So, please spell it out for me.

hpodg3

Re: Achievement Help

#2 Post by hpodg3 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:58 am

Let me see if I can help...

I got Interpersonal Diplomacy by chance, but I think I know what I did to get it. The first step is to imprison Julianna. Do not release her the few times you're prompted. When her brother, Ignatius, visits a few days later, give him her title. During the Good Lady event on week 16, Julianna will escape. Nothing to do about it on week 16 but, on week 18, if you have Intrigue >40 you have the chance to send guards out to search for her or put up wanted posters. I don't know if doing either of these actually necessary to get this achievement, but it's what I did nonetheless. The last step is to insure Briony, his daughter lives. To do this you first have to attend Gwenelle's party on week 28, so make sure you don't die on the way (Archery + Reflexes >100 was usually the easiest way for me). Make sure you have Lore >60 or Novan History >90 when you speak to Briony to know what she's talking about and then agree to help her with her plan (If you've already done the forest adventure then I'm sure you already know this). On week 29 make sure you have Conversation >40 to get the option to ask Briony about her parents. The next week her mother will come to collect her and then on week 31, she'll send you a letter. I got the achievement after receiving this letter- Briony claiming her father Ignatius divorced her mother. I'm not sure whether having ciphering above 30 affects this or not, I haven't gone back to test this again, but that's all I can do to help with this one.

Now Divine Omen's a bit tricky. You have to get your approval rating among the commoners as low as you can throughout the game. Be mean, nasty, insult, raise taxes, and murder and execute people at every chance you can. On week 18, make sure you have Intrigue >40 and choose to send out agents to search for Commoner Uprisings. If you got your subjects sufficiently displeased with you, on week 38 you'll have the option to try and raise your popularity. Make sure you have Herbs >80 and Divination >30 and choose "Heal the Sick". After that...there you go! I'm not sure, but having a low opinion among your fellow nobles to the point Arisse starts a Civil War might help lower the commoner's approval of you. Just make sure you get the right stats up to insure victory if you choose to do this. I also made sure King Joslyn would be killed by Togami on week 36 in Elodie's place by not becoming a Lumen. Again, not sure if this makes you any more unpopular. Other than that, I don't have much more advice for this one.

Casting a Shadow is easy in comparison to the last two. First step is to become Lumen. The quickest way to get your crystal, I found, was to increase Economy. So long as you don't become Willful or Pressured, these stats are easy to raise. Once you have Accounting >60, you'll get access to the vaults and the crystal is yours. Next is to raise you Lumen stats. By week 17, make sure your Sense Magic is full at 100 so you can accuse your aunt Lucille near the end of the party. Also have your Resist Magic >80 to eliminate her. The next day after you finish your studies, you should hear of someone getting murdered by a mystery shade and there's your achievement.

And the last one, Rebellious Province. One week 23, you'll be visited by a musician seeking patronage. Make sure to have these stats: Intrigue >20 and Instrument + Voice >50. You'll have the option to "Test her for Secret Skills". I can't remember which week, but the musician will say after some investigation, they believe your Aunt Lucille was behind some previous assassination attempts such as those poisoned chocolates. Decide Lucille is guilty and order the execution of the entire family. During the epilogue after a successful playthrough, Merva will rebel and there's your last achievement.

I hope all of this works for you and good luck ^^

Duszynski

Re: Achievement Help

#3 Post by Duszynski » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 am

Thank you!!! I can't believe some of these were so simple, but I just never made the right combination of choices. :P