Deleting save games?

Rule the world - or die trying!
Kateye

Deleting save games?

#1 Post by Kateye » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 am

I have a tendency to save every week, sometimes multiple times a week. Once I finish a game to my satisfaction, I need to go through and delete them all. Is there an easy way to do this? I've been pressing delete and then clicking yes, but it would be nice if there was a shift+delete to bypass the confirmation, or some way to choose "delete page" or something like that. Even having the "enter" or "y" button confirm I want to delete would let me get through much quicker. Am I missing the key combo to do that? I have the steam version if that matters.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Deleting save games?

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 am

If you have a lot of saves to wipe it might be faster to navigate to the directory and delete the actual save files?

... Although I tend never to delete saves myself, I just save over them if I don't need them any more.

Kateye

#3 Post by Kateye » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:18 am

I lose track of which slot I'm supposed to be saving in when I go the overwriting route, so I prefer to just wipe 'em all. What directory are they saved in? I don't see a "saves" folder under steamapps/common/LongLiveTheQueen.

Miakoda

#4 Post by Miakoda » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:49 am

Assuming you have Windows 7, you might look in the following place:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Within RenPy will be the name of games which use RenPy, including Long Live the Queen.

Note: Owner may be a different title, such as the name you used on your computer.

Long Live the Queen should have the saves there. I have Magical Diary via Steam, and this is the place where the saves show up, as does the version of LLTQ which I bought directly from Hanako.
Last edited by Miakoda on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kateye

#5 Post by Kateye » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:01 am

Thank you, I was looking for Hanako or LongLiveTheQueen in Roaming. Instead it's the game engine. Got it now.