Yeveh (skill text spoilers)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Hazel

Yeveh (skill text spoilers)

#1 Post by Hazel » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:03 pm

If you dig deep enough into the history of Nova, you find out all sorts of things about the Lumen royal line and the different ducal lines. It says the Novan nobility migrated from the western continent, but that the people of Lillah were formerly Yeveni nomads. Which makes me wonder if the dukes of Lillah are descended from the Yeveni chieftain. If they are, that brings a whole 'nother layer into Arisse's unofficial title as Nova's Eastern Queen.

Now, it also says (either under history or under faith) that all eleven duchies had Lumen rulers, before they all perished in the big war. Naturally, I assumed this meant Arisse had her ancestor's crystal stashed away somewhere, but I suppose it's also possible that Lillah never had a Lumen duke. And that bring another extra layer of subtext.

Or I am reading too much into things. Again.

Ramidel

Re: Yeveh (skill text spoilers)

#2 Post by Ramidel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 am

Well, remember that a lot of the old lumen nobility's crystals were hidden away afterwards. Joslyn has control of some of them in his private stash, if I remember my Faith ending correctly.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:20 pm

backstory spoilers:

Correct, Lillah never had an ancestral crystal, even though history suggests that they did.

Most of the ducal crystals have gone wandering since that time anyway, and I haven't firmly decided where they all are. Ursul, Caloris, Merva, and Mazomba you can work out from in-game text, and I know who has the crystals for Mead and Elath.
The rest could be anywhere. Fair game for fanfic. :)

Ariel Schnee

#4 Post by Ariel Schnee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 pm

hanako wrote:The rest could be anywhere. Fair game for fanfic. :)

Throw in a crossover with Stargate and Elodie could have her work cut out for her getting those crystals back from the System Lords then.^_^
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Hazel

#5 Post by Hazel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:24 pm

hanako wrote:backstory spoilers:

Correct, Lillah never had an ancestral crystal, even though history suggests that they did.
I'm inordinately proud of figuring that out. Or maybe I'm just happy I finally found a canon that can keep up with my capacity for crack theories.

Now you have me wondering about the other crystals... I actually did not figure out about Mazomba although that does make Armand suddenly interesting... Of course I have my own suspicions about Elath, given the level of turmoil that region is prone to, but as to the others I'm at a loss. Of course, if Lieke is holding Sudbury's crystal, she can't actually do anything with it, because as Gwenelle said, she's not a Sudbury. I also imagine the murderer's orange crystal is a stolen one, and Selene's might be the result of a bastard bloodline or something. Of course, not all the crystals have to come from the old Novan nobility. There are bound to be more of them about, if not many.

Maybe I should stop before this post starts resembling a military intelligence document, with everything redacted.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:54 pm

There are some conversations with Selene under rare circumstances that might shed light on where her crystal came from.