Romancing a commoner

Rule the world - or die trying!
phoenixgirl

Romancing a commoner

#1 Post by phoenixgirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Ok, so I know that the commoner is Evrard and I met him during certain points in my playthrough and succeeded in most of the checks. The only check I failed was the poison one but I chose to have Elodie eat a cookie. But I keep failing to get him to marry Elodie. I've tried to get commoner approval high and when I had a playthrough where Elodie defeated Togami, I had no money left in the treasury to pay for a feast for the people. So then I tried the other option where I defeated the Shanjians using magic and it worked and I was able to pay for an extravagant feast but yet still the same result.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't think the poison check would be such a major factor in me getting his romance ending but if it is, I'll have to go back and try to get it, I suppose.
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Romancing a commoner

#2 Post by hanako » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Passing the poison check and making him 'test' the cookie puts you in an entirely different set of epilogue checks for him, it won't help pass the one you're doing at the moment.

The non-poison marriage ending requires not just that everyone, commoner and noble alike, loves you, but also that Nova isn't at high risk of war with anybody and things like that. The country has to be stable.

Hazel

#3 Post by Hazel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:33 pm

High risk in the foreseeable future, or for the long term?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Actual checklist notes from epilogue:

[If Commoner Approval > 0 && Noble Approval > 0 && we are NOT sealing the kraken every week && we did NOT get the 'elodie's reign would not be peaceful' from pissing off Ixion && we are NOT under siege because of killing the Shanjian prisoners]

0 being the baseline you start at - so even never losing approval wouldn't be enough, you have to gain net approval.

The poison outcome is probably easier. :)

Hazel

#5 Post by Hazel » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeah, I think getting the three Evrard encounters (unless there are more that I missed) makes increasing approval more difficult. Next time I try, I may consider letting a murderer walk. Or putting a lot of work into music. :D

Kateye

#6 Post by Kateye » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:43 am

I don't know about other versions, but on the Steam version I got the "marry a commoner" achievement by "marrying" Alice.

And to add to Hanako's details: You must have cruelty of 0. Even going hunting once will result in him disappearing.