3 Lumen [Spoilers Inside!]

Rule the world - or die trying!
Rozelliee

3 Lumen [Spoilers Inside!]

#1 Post by Rozelliee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:11 am

Hopefully, the title of this isn't a spoiler.

So, I must be dense or something, because for the life of me I can't figure this out.
I want to complete Alice's route, and so far what seems to be working is winning the naval war by magic and then sacrificing Lottie to the Kraken. The problem is I can't manage to recruit 3 Lumen besides Julianne, Elodie herself, and Lottie's Mom. Of course the result is Elodie getting 'mysteriously attacked' right after the sacrifice.
I can figure out how to kill Lucille, but I can't recruit another Lumen. I'm assuming this other Lumen is Selene?
If anyone could help, I'd definitely be grateful.

Miakoda

Re: 3 Lumen [Spoilers Inside!]

#2 Post by Miakoda » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:35 am

I think your title is good enough without being too spoilerish.

Amended.
You can do it with just 3 Lumen including Elodie, but if your Wield Magic isn't high enough, you can certainly face problems. However, having 4 Lumen certainly makes it easier

As Hanako mentioned below, you need to build up your Sense Magic to a sufficient level (which also allows you to detect Lucille).

One thing to also keep in mind is that even if you get your Sense Magic high enough, make sure to talk to Julianna on the weekend and she will mention Selene.
Last edited by Miakoda on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am

You need to detect her in order to recruit her. That means having enough Sense Magic to spot Lumens and visiting certain locations where you would logically encounter her (The actual encounter in this case is off-screen - you'll know it happened if Elodie suddenly wants to tell Julianna about what she's seen.)

Rozelliee

#4 Post by Rozelliee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:53 pm

I managed to sacrifice Lottie and survive with those tips. I'd just failed the Lore check with Julianna. Thanks for your help, Miakoda and Hanako.
Still haven't been able to net the Alice ending, but that was probably due to some earlier mistake. At least I've got part of it down, now.

Miakoda

#5 Post by Miakoda » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:08 pm

There is a thread just a little below addressing how to get Alice :)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2023

The easiest interaction is the dance choice for Alice, I've found...

Hazel

#6 Post by Hazel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:23 am

What about the faith check at the festival? Or isn't that necessary?

Otaku-Tenko

#7 Post by Otaku-Tenko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Miakoda wrote:One thing to also keep in mind is that even if you get your Sense Magic high enough, make sure to talk to Julianna on the weekend and she will mention Selene.
I don't get it. After I used the crystal, I have no longer the possibility to speak with Julianna on the weekends. She apperars only later again if the war is coming and she never meantions Selene, even if my Lumen skills are on 300.

I have actually no Idea how it's possible to get Julianna together with Selene as Lumens. I search for a way to complete the magic ritual without Lucille. Can anyone please explain me how to get Julianna + Selene?

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Selene is a priestess.

Where might you encounter a priestess?

Once you have enough Sense Magic to spot a Lumen, do activities that would bring you near a priestess.

Otaku-Tenko

#9 Post by Otaku-Tenko » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 am

Ok, got it. Thanks :D