Ending with Alice?

Rule the world - or die trying!
vicky7778

Ending with Alice?

#1 Post by vicky7778 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:55 am

I like the new character Alice and I've been wondering is there any way I can get an ending or special scenes with her.

I've been giving her my gifts, but no other special scenes... What am I doing wrong? what did I miss?

Miakoda

Re: Ending with Alice?

#2 Post by Miakoda » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:43 pm

I really like the Alice ending (along with the Briony ending ;) ).

Anyways, here is what I did to get Alice. This may be slightly off...and it is in white text so as not to spoil it if someone accidentally finds it (though you can highlight it).

One thing to bear in mind is that some of the checks with Alice requires you to be cruel. You can accomplish this by going hunting (if you opened up that route via building up skills, though there are some other in game ways to do it).

Step 1: You have to have a positive encounter where you can do something nice for Alice. From what I've come across, there are three possible ones instances for this.

A: The first encounter is if a maid spills liquid all over you.
B: The second chance is when you choose a dance partner at the grand ball. If you pick examine the women, Alice should be a choice.
C: If things went swimmingly with Brin/Banion, then choose Brin to dance with. Brin will send you flowers, and you can give the flowers to Alice. Alice will only accept them if you have a high enough Cruelty (I think it has to be 5, but this I'm not sure of).

Step 2: You have to be a bit ruthless during the Shanjian invasion. This shows up in two paths.
A: If you summon the kraken, and you have the chance to sacrifice Charlotte to it.
B: If you defeat the navy, and must dispose of the nobles and soldiers. You can either choose to A: kill them all, or B: ransom the nobles, and kill the poor. If you want to have decent relations with surrounding countries, option B is recommended.

You know you are on the right path when Alice then makes a comment about always supporting you.

Step 3: Marriage Candidates. About the second to last week you have a list of possible marriage candidates, including No One. Pick no one...

Hazel

#3 Post by Hazel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:38 pm

I think the reason I didn't get the Alice ending is because my intuition directed me to make the opposite of the right choice at every turn. This is like Grabiner all over again.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Romance, it's not just for nice people anymore!

(... sorry. i sometimes have too much fun adding the crazy routes.)

hpawesomeness01

#5 Post by hpawesomeness01 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:02 pm

What skills do you need to build up? I never have the option to check out the females at the dance, I dont know how to summon the Kraken or how high my military skills need to be.

Mir

#6 Post by Mir » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:04 am

hpawesomeness01 wrote:What skills do you need to build up? I never have the option to check out the females at the dance, I dont know how to summon the Kraken or how high my military skills need to be.
The option to "Examine the Women" only opens up with a 40 in both Court Manners and Internal Affairs (or maybe just Intrigue in general? I forget). You shouldn't need military for the Kraken if you play your cards right, but it is connected to your Lumen. It's also connected to knowing of more active Lumens than just you and your mentor.

Conducting the sacrifice is connected to your cruelty and knowing who else besides yourself would fit the description of an acceptable sacrifice (whether by seeing their abilities yourself or making the connection through one of their relatives). You can also do it at a lower cruelty level if Elodie might have reason to be suspicious of this person.

Darksilverhawk

#7 Post by Darksilverhawk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:40 am

In addition, being able to ransom/execute the soldiers instead requires winning the naval battle without completely wiping out the fleet with magic, which requires having sufficient ships and men in your navy on top of having decent military skills. It's a complex series of events to get there, but you'll at least need to make sure you end up with more ships and soldiers than you started with to have a shot at winning.

hpawesomeness01

#8 Post by hpawesomeness01 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Thank you both very much xxx I wasn't expecting such a fast response. xxx :D