Finding the Magic Mirror (Spoilers inside)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Miakoda

Finding the Magic Mirror (Spoilers inside)

#1 Post by Miakoda » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Within the game there is a achievement for finding the magic mirror. I haven't had much luck in that direction, so if someone has a hint or two, that would be appreciated.
Last edited by Miakoda on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksilverhawk

Re: Finding the Magic Mirror

#2 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 pm

It's something that might be useful to a non-lumen who's afraid of lumens...

Miakoda

#3 Post by Miakoda » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Thank you very much for the hint. Gives me a direction/idea to go now :)

Jerbok89

#4 Post by Jerbok89 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:06 pm

I still don't understand.....

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Start by hating all Lumens. Throw Julianna in prison and don't let her out.

micchan

#6 Post by micchan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 am

Well, I got this ominous talk with good ol' dad, about magical artifacts to protect from magic (irony!). And theeeen... nothing. I'm pretty sure I've been as anti-magic as I could. Any more hints?

Darksilverhawk

#7 Post by Darksilverhawk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Even if he's looking for it, you won't find out he has it until the situation arises where you need it. Give it a bit more time (and make sure to accept Togami's duel)

Ariel Schnee

#8 Post by Ariel Schnee » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Darksilverhawk wrote:Even if he's looking for it, you won't find out he has it until the situation arises where you need it. Give it a bit more time (and make sure to accept Togami's duel)
Then that's what I did wrong since I routed his ships away and beat them.
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Miakoda

#9 Post by Miakoda » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Micchan, how did you manage to get that talk with the Joslyn to talk about the items?

I've thrown Julianna in prison (and she's escaped), as well as ordered the execution of the male prisoner (one who killed his wife). I still haven't had much luck getting there. Do I need to discover Charlotte's secret with the snake encounter?

micchan

Re: Finding the Magic Mirror (Spoilers inside)

#10 Post by micchan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Hmm I believe I also discovered someone else was a Lumen (aunt? Priestess? One of them) which caused some commotion. Did the male prisoner kill some guards before dying? I believe it was right after that event that a weekend activity with the king showed up, and that was the 'enemies everywhere, must use magic to destroy eeeevil magic' talk.

There was overall three incident of me being anti-Lumen, I think, so maybe you missed one?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I did so many runs lately it all blurred together.... Damn you Evrard, stop eluding me!

Miakoda

#11 Post by Miakoda » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 pm

micchan wrote:Hmm I believe I also discovered someone else was a Lumen (aunt? Priestess? One of them) which caused some commotion. Did the male prisoner kill some guards before dying? I believe it was right after that event that a weekend activity with the king showed up, and that was the 'enemies everywhere, must use magic to destroy eeeevil magic' talk.

There was overall three incident of me being anti-Lumen, I think, so maybe you missed one?
Thank you for your help. I have gone over those events, and still not had much luck. Hmm...guess I will keep searching.

And I certainly understand how things seeming to run together on playthroughs :)

Darksilverhawk

#12 Post by Darksilverhawk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:32 pm

I believe you need to opt to send agents after Julianna as well, and then use that opportunity to talk to Brin.

Miakoda

#13 Post by Miakoda » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Darksilverhawk wrote:I believe you need to opt to send agents after Julianna as well, and then use that opportunity to talk to Brin.
Tricky, trick...my hats off to you Hanako :)

Darksilverhawk, you are correct. If one got Brin's support with Ixion, there is now a third option. Thank you!

micchan

#14 Post by micchan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Curiously, I can't seem to activate that talk again. After receiving the tip from Brin, and discovering the priestess is also a 'eeeevil', nothing happens. God, I feel lame, no wonder even commoners don't want to marry me!

Darksilverhawk

#15 Post by Darksilverhawk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:22 pm

As far as I can tell, you need to do three things to activate the conversation (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't actually done it since the first round of testing): Lock up Julianna until she escapes, talk to Brin about Julianna's history, and attempt to execute the rogue lumen. After he escapes and the rumors start up, the conversation should become available. It's definitely a tough little achievement to get.