New Content Patch - 1.2.8 (Currently in beta)

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

New Content Patch - 1.2.8 (Currently in beta)

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:12 am

This is the big push of new content eventually heading for the Steam launch. It is still in beta testing, but should be reasonably safe to play with. Please report any issues you encounter!

To upgrade your current copy, go to the preferences menu and select Check For Updates. You will need your license key to upgrade to a beta patch.

Some of the things that have been introduced recently (may hint at spoilers):

Pressing Julianna about why she didn't tell us about Selene
Printing Press followup - the first printing
Ability to be slightly more polite about Sirin's advances
Asking Selene about her crystal's origins (if you find a spare crystal)
Greeting Charlotte at Gwenelle's party (if you have a Lumen minister)
Printing Press for propaganda in the civil war
Talking to Charlotte if the family visits after your father dies
Talking to Charlotte at the end if you have a Lumen minister
Making Ignatius available for marriage if you know he's divorced
New character Alice now in-game, plus epilogue.
Ability to choose your gala dance partner directly if you have been pursuing social/politics skills
Fixing an error in the 'broken engagement' checklist item, which many people probably have even though they shouldn't (oops)
New character Evrard added with several epilogue variants
Some new tests of Climbing skill, including one in the naval battle.
Unlockable weekend activity to Tour the Barracks, which lets you check your military strength.
Commoners are now more disapproving of you accidentally summoning a sea monster
Ability to assign agents to hunt for Julianna after she escapes from the dungeons, if you have enough intrigue to assign agents. This opens up a handful of subplots, including the ability to convince your father that there really is a secret cabal of evil lumens.
Introduction of Achievements and a whole list of new event flags to hunt for, including the infamous Blessed By Cats.
Blaming Talasse for a certain character's assassination now moves soldiers to the border
Planning celebrations for the coronation
New epilogue system with illustrations
Checklist now offers the ability to browse achievements, deaths, or epilogues

Franka

Re: New Content Patch - 1.2.8 (Currently in beta)

#2 Post by Franka » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:09 pm

hanako wrote:Introduction of Achievements and a whole list of new event flags to hunt for, including the infamous Blessed By Cats.
I made my mark on the game! :D

I'm almost ashamed to say that I'm invested in Beyond: Two Souls right now, or I'd be betaing like crazy.

GSN22

#3 Post by GSN22 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Is there a set release date? (maybe a week before Christmas?)

Spiky Caterpillar

#4 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:15 am

1.2.10 is up. Changes:
  • Crashes in the epilogue complaining about epipaged and epiwin not being defined fixed. (Specifically: one of Evrard's options, and when you try to execute Lucille without killing her family.)
  • If you've already got the crystal when you talk to Julianna, you should no longer be able to ask her how to get it. (I'm not sure if that particular bug was accessible without cheating like mad, but fixed anyhow to be on the safe side.)
  • Credits fade in differently.
Also, if you want to delete all your achievements and start from a clean slate, the debug code to do so is

Code: Select all

checklist_clear()
Poke me directly if you want code to clear out death chibis or unlocked epilogue windows.

We won't finalize a Steam release date until after we actually stop changing things. (Hopefully that will be soon, as maintenance isn't as much !!fun!! as writing NEW CODE)

phoenixgirl

#5 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 am

I went ahead and upgraded to the new beta patch although I won't have much time to test it. Work keeps me quite busy nowadays and all. XD

I like the new checklist system. I'm curious about the epilogues graphics. Would I need to play the game all the way through again to unlock them or are they unlocked only if I get certain endings? ^^
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 pm

They unlock based on the various plot sections you got in your epilogue. Saves made DURING the old epilogue sections will now crash because the epilogues have been changed so much, but saves made near the end should be able to proceed into the epilogue and see the new art.

Of course, it may require specific from-the-beginning runs to get SOME of the options. :)

phoenixgirl

#7 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 am

Ahh thank you. ^^

I was wondering if there was a way to delete save files as well. XD

Ariel Schnee

#8 Post by Ariel Schnee » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 am

phoenixgirl wrote:Ahh thank you. ^^

I was wondering if there was a way to delete save files as well. XD
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\RenPy\LongLiveTheQueen\
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

phoenixgirl

#9 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm using Windows 7 so I think the way to delete save files is different? I checked under my C: drive and found the saves folder for LLTQ but it was empty although I clearly have save slots filled in my game.

Miakoda

#10 Post by Miakoda » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:35 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:I'm using Windows 7 so I think the way to delete save files is different? I checked under my C: drive and found the saves folder for LLTQ but it was empty although I clearly have save slots filled in my game.
Yeah, the saves are in a different location for Windows 7. Here is where it is located, though it may be slightly different on your machine...such as if you used your name rather than left the default Owner.

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Hopefully that shows you all your RenPy games.

Also be aware that on some computers with Windows 7, AppData may be a hidden folder.

Ariel Schnee

#11 Post by Ariel Schnee » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:I'm using Windows 7 so I think the way to delete save files is different? I checked under my C: drive and found the saves folder for LLTQ but it was empty although I clearly have save slots filled in my game.
Sorry about that.

I forgot to mention I'm using XP Pro 32-bit.

I forgot it may be different on other OS's.
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

phoenixgirl

#12 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:13 am

Miakoda wrote: Yeah, the saves are in a different location for Windows 7. Here is where it is located, though it may be slightly different on your machine...such as if you used your name rather than left the default Owner.

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Hopefully that shows you all your RenPy games.

Also be aware that on some computers with Windows 7, AppData may be a hidden folder.
Thank you. I finally found the save files. XD

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:44 am

1.2.10 fixes a small issue with Evrard appearing when he shouldn't (he should only arrive if you're not at the party)

Miakoda

One small bug - Julianna/Crystal

#14 Post by Miakoda » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:19 pm

If you've already got the crystal when you talk to Julianna, you should no longer be able to ask her how to get it. (I'm not sure if that particular bug was accessible without cheating like mad, but fixed anyhow to be on the safe side.)
Spiky Caterpillar's fix works fine, but it seems Julianna has one other small bug. It occurs if you talk to her a third time, but still haven't gotten the crystal.

If you talk to her once, she mentions whether you have your mother's crystal (this dialogue works fine).
A second talk has Elodie asking Julianna how to find her crystal (which she is advised to speak to her father).

However, the third talk shows Julianna's icon available. If you choose to talk to her, you get this message:
<Bug No Conversation>

Obviously, this is nothing game breaking (and you are meant to either talk to your father, or discover it in the Treasury). However, if Julianna was meant to say something, she hasn't. Of course, this would be an excellent chance for Julianna dialogue. Maybe admonish Elodie for wasting time? ;)

Anyways, if you need a save for that specific part to see what I'm talking about, I do have one available.

Glazunov

#15 Post by Glazunov » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:02 am

Have I noted that I am very impressed with the way you people have continued to develop fresh content for this game since it first appeared? Didn't think so. Consider it said.