What do I have to do to get you people to rebel?!

Rule the world - or die trying!
Hazel

What do I have to do to get you people to rebel?!

#1 Post by Hazel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Just what the title says. Spoilers abound so hit the back button if you want to remain unspoiled.

SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER SPOILER BARRIER

Peasant insurrection. How bad do you have to be to get it? I keep trying but I've only ever gotten it once.

How can several executions, a civil war, no public appearances, a secret cabal of evil Lumen, a kraken and a human sacrifice not be enough to make them revolt? I'd be flying red at ten percent of that crap.

Is it possible that simply destroying Shanjia's fleet is enough to keep the common people from trying to overthrow their brutal witchy dictator?

Tips for inducing revolution are greatly appreciated. Hitting a wall again and again is starting to frustrate me, and I'm not sure I'm up for another round of fail!princess unless I know there's a prize at the end.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: What do I have to do to get you people to rebel?!

#2 Post by hanako » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 pm

You may or may not want to wait until the new content is in stable (or peek at the beta) as we are adding some new and exciting ways to annoy the common people.

On the other hand, some of the things you've mentioned affect the nobles way more than they affect the commoners. Common people are strange and have their own concerns. They'd rather have a brutal and effective dictator than a weak and embarrassing child. (especially if you're brutal to BAD PEOPLE and not to commoners! Beating up random commoners doesn't go over well. Hanging traitorous nobles and suspected Lumens is A-OK)

Giving away territory to Ixion is a great way to start getting people mad at you. Combing with making a fool of yourself in public at the parade and then having an omen of the gods disfavor? You're not looking like Queen material in their eyes.

Hazel

#3 Post by Hazel » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:53 am

Is the poem about the squid a sign of commoner disapproval? It's very medieval, reminds me of the stories my brother used to tell me when he was studying history.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 am

No, it's just a fill-in event if you have no other major plot developments at that point in time. Letting the poem get away from you lowers your commoner approval a little bit.

GSN22

#5 Post by GSN22 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 am

How does that annoying jerk with the glasses get the poem? (the guy that tries to marry you early on) If you fight with him in the game, then try to marry him, it'll mention him reading the poem at the very end.

Ramidel

#6 Post by Ramidel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 am

Is screwing up your speech worse than not making one at all?

GSN22

#7 Post by GSN22 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:38 am

In real life a disastrous speech is worse than no speech.

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:11 am

If the poem blew away and you didn't catch it, it fell into the hands of someone who thought it was so amazingly funny they started reciting it in taverns and it sort of spread from there. One of his agents overheard.

And yes, a bad speech is much worse than no speech.

Hazel

#9 Post by Hazel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 am

GSN22 wrote:How does that annoying jerk with the glasses get the poem? (the guy that tries to marry you early on) If you fight with him in the game, then try to marry him, it'll mention him reading the poem at the very end.
:O Talarist, that's not very politic. Doesn't embarrassing his wife reflect badly on him? I don't know, I don't think I've ever completed a Talarist marriage.

GSN22

#10 Post by GSN22 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:13 am

He's kinda psychotic. If you turn him down he tries to start a trade war- winning it will net you extra money.

You can't marry him if he gets mad at you, but trying to marry him will result in you marrying his brother instead.

He also is apparently involved in assassinating that one lil' kid- he's as good as dead if you send him to his grandfather.

You can blame Tal's country for the murder, but nothing seems to come of that. Well, maybe the Steam update will fix that. ;) The best compromise involves using delay tactics, otherwise he turns the border into a lawless zone.

Hazel

#11 Post by Hazel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 am

He doesn't start a war because you refuse to marry him. He starts it because of Elath and poor Adair. The intrigue skills lay out the whole sordid tale, although Erwin also has something to say about it.