LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Miakoda

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#91 Post by Miakoda » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 am

I'm really liking the new achievements.

However, I do have a minor question. Do you intend to keep all the achievement pictures the same? For example, all the romance ones have a rose, candles, and blue background.

I certainly understand why if you do so (expense, time, etc.) However, if it isn't too much problem, you could differentiate it by simply altering the color scheme of the pictures.

A white rose (representing 'I am worthy of you') could be done for the romanced by a commoner.

Broken off an engagement may be a brown rose, while a black rose could be used for the divorced couple. If you forced someone into marriage (ala Brin), maybe a yellow rose, while if you are forced into marriage you could get an orange rose (admittedly, no hidden language behind those others).

hanako
Site Admin

#92 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:02 am

Easy enough to do for the romances but not so much for the other categories...

Miakoda

#93 Post by Miakoda » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:45 am

Easy enough to do for the romances but not so much for the other categories...
Oh, that much is true. Um, and if the spoiler stuff should be whited out, I could try and go back and change my posts.

Anyways, the main reason I suggested some of the differentiation even with a minor color change is at least it looks different when people go for each achievement. Heh, BioWare is a good example of a company that often has little minor changes to different achievements...

hanako
Site Admin

#94 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:56 am

Yeah, I'll play around with it a bit and see if anything looks workable.

Jerbok89

#95 Post by Jerbok89 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:19 am

It looks so good!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So can we have a way to have kids without being a Lumen? It really irks me when Lucille butts in with her diseases and I'm like "LUCILLE, GET A LIFE OTHER THAN TRYING TO HARASS ME!"
Oh, and that whole Elodie half-bro thing.

hanako
Site Admin

#96 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:30 am

You don't have to be a Lumen to have kids - you just need to find a way of keeping certain people away from the castle!

As for other family members, there's no DNA testing in Nova. How certain can anyone be? :) (Although, if you haven't seen the magic mirror ending, you might want to check that.)

TheBetterStory

#97 Post by TheBetterStory » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 am

For some reason, I have the achievement for holding someone hostage, which I'm positive I've never done before.

hanako
Site Admin

#98 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 am

Spiky decided that ransoming the captives from Shanjia should also count - might you have done that?

SilverBloodIllusion

#99 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:38 pm

"ordered an assassination?" didn't light up for me like all the other things I had done. Does ordering Lucille to be killed not work for that? Or do I just have to do it again? (I haven't played since the update. So it might just be a glitch that it didn't light. I haven't had time to check yet.)

hanako
Site Admin

#100 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Again, some of these were being argued about behind the scenes for what counts for what. Since we weren't always completely sure about the choices we made, you can feel free to argue, we may change our minds.

Ordering the deaths of Lucille and her family currently does not count as a secret, no-one-must-ever-know-I-did-it assassination, as it's a little more official. There's somebody you can kill off in a way that you attempt to pass as 'just an accident'.

(Actually, there are two, but the second is in an epilogue that is currently impossible to reach even with cheats. This isn't a challenge, it REALLY IS impossible to reach, it involves events that can't possibly happen at the same time. It just sits there in case I can ever figure out a way to get it back into the game.)

Jerbok89

#101 Post by Jerbok89 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Can we do more in the castle? Like, visit people in the castle and have events happen? Like maybe a chef, or a Jester, etc.
And maybe could we have events that have Elodie sneak out of the castle and checks on the well-being of her people? It's sad to see her in one room all the time! I know all this stuff happens on the weekends but could we have events with it?
Maybe it can be on that one free day if your not with whats-her-face in the woods.
OH! and could we have more stuff to do with Elodie's father? I mean he's her FATHER! And could we maybe have him use more than one facial expression? XD
And could there be a way to bond with his crystal instead of Fidelia's? And can there be a difference in the way that Selene teaches you magic and Julianna? Like maybe if Julianna taught you magic you can heal yourself when you get shot by the arrow on the way to the party cuz she's a priestess.
Can what your wearing affect what people think of you at the Gala? Or like a dress version of what your wearing. And can we have CGs or more beautiful artwork? AND EASTER EGGS!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Like maybe reference in some small way another girl who has pink hair (cough Michiko cough)

My wish list to Hanako/Santa! XD LOL

Sorry for the long list!

Jerbok89

#102 Post by Jerbok89 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 am

Oh, and when Julianna was lecturing me about stuff, she said she didn't know any other lumens except her and Selene. At the time I had just appointed Lucille as my lumen minister. lololololololololol XDXD So is this a mistake or is Julianna just totally unaware of what's going on. Oh, and can we learn about Alice's other bro?

hanako
Site Admin

#103 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:50 am

Well, there's the possibility that Elodie never told Julianna about Lucille, but yeah, that probably should be fixed. :)

But many of these ideas are probably more suited to fanfic.... (You can still suggest whatever you want, just don't expect that many of these things will ever happen. :) )

Miakoda

#104 Post by Miakoda » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Shame there isn't a location like a library to go to in the castle ;) (What can I say, the scholarly Elodie with glass and quill is my favorite outfit, f ^_^)

Anyways, I do like Jerbok89's suggestion of having some event happening if one visits various castle locations. Not every weekend, of course, but say she visits a location 4-5 times, you may have something come up. If there is interest, one might also have a second event happen.

If one wants to, they could even have other results from this could be increase/decrease of approval, increase/decrease of lassi, skill improvement, etc.

Touring Barracks:
You could come across a new soldier who is having a hard time adjusting to time in the castle. Punishing her could improve the efficacy of your troops, but ruin peasant morale. Talking to her, raising spirits may increase Presence or Public Speaking.

Or another possible scenario is to schedule some wargames, improving the quality of your soldiers.

Attending Service:
One of the priestesses of the Good Lady approaches Elodie, asking for a donation to help the less fortunate.

Sports:
Elodie could discover her opponent is deliberately holding back, letting her win though it isn't obvious to most. Does Elodie wish for a fair match, or roll with it?

Walking in Gardens:
Elodie hears a bird singing nearby, and Elodie may have the urge to follow along (and get an increase in Voice). Okay, too Disney ;)

Or Elodie notices the flowers her mother favored are wilting/dying. Does she punish the gardener, or try to improve their health?

Exploring the Castle:
In her adventures, Elodie could overhear two people talking. This might tell her how much the commoners/nobles love/hate her.

Attending a Ball:
Someone suggests Elodie make a themed ball. The more the extravagant, the better the noble reception, but the more costly it is.

Visiting the Treasury:
Elodie is counting the books, and finds a noble house has cheated the crown of its rightful money. Does she punish them much to the delight of the commoners, lean on the house for influence/money, or keep it in the back of her mind.

Visiting Tomb:
Maybe Elodie falls asleep, and has a dream about her mother. It could be pleasant, or bad, depending one's inclination.

Visiting Dungeons:
A prisoner tries to catch your attention, stating that she was framed for a crime she didn't commit. She begs the princess to intervene.

Hunting:
A rather elusive creature is spotted, and some nobles want to organize a hunt to catch it. However, the common folk hold it as sacred, and don't want it molested.

hanako
Site Admin

#105 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:25 pm

No events in weekend activities except when absolutely necessary (Julianna's dungeon appearance). Weekend activities are for mood management. They are DEFINITELY not for skill boosts. Sorry. :) That sort of thing would change the nature of the existing game too much.