LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Darksilverhawk

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#76 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 pm

I feel like I've explored all of the Julianna imprisonment/escape subplot, but I can't seem to even get close to actually catching/eliminating her, so I guess I'm missing something. Anybody willing to toss me a hint?

hanako
Site Admin

#77 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Keep an eye out for a failed skillcheck floating by...

Darksilverhawk

#78 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:28 pm

You don't mean the internal affairs check, do you? Because I've passed that one and talked to Brin and tried to imprison Selene, but the plot seems to stop after that point, besides the stuff with Joslyn and the lumen cabal. Is there another one I'm missing?

hanako
Site Admin

#79 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Not the internal affairs check - something that comes up if you choose a different approach.

Darksilverhawk

#80 Post by Darksilverhawk » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:18 am

Ohhhhh, THAT check. That's a tough one. But I got her, along with the epilogue event it causes. Interesting. (also, another typo in that ending slide - "northernmoust")

Jerbok89

#81 Post by Jerbok89 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:59 am

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but could we find out if if the man who claims to be Elodie's half brother is really Elodie's half-bro? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GSN22

#82 Post by GSN22 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:45 pm

I've already posted my ideas on the other board, but, my biggest 3 wishes...

For those who want the magic duel ending, you have to lose the naval battle. You can either get almost completely wiped out, or escape with some of your forces (if you're highly skilled but lack the numbers). Beyond a line of dialogue, there is no reference to there being much of a difference between those two options. I'd love to see more on that. (ie, saving some of your forces helps stop the banditry problem)

It'd also be nice if your character more options on spending money, particularly near the end of the game. (ie, hire mercenaries to stop the bandits, or invest to help rebuild your old forces)

Aside from that, it'd nice if just one of the moods gave a bonus to Economics- it's the one skill with no bonus and it takes so long to increase! (but it's necessary to build the Hospital and Factor!) I'd say Yield but since it already has 3 associated bonuses, maybe Lonely?

hanako
Site Admin

#83 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Economics is never getting a bonus, that would overthrow existing game balance. Sorry. :) There's no shortcut to learning math!

Darksilverhawk

#84 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:57 pm

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on adding a third batch of new content, or is this about it as far as new stuff?

(Found another oddity- checking the treasury weekend activity claims to give +1 angry on the castle map. Not sure what's causing that one; I just noticed it now.)

hanako
Site Admin

#85 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:45 pm

I have one small bit of plot adjustment queued and a whole pile of art for achievements and epilogues on the way. I don't have big plans for more plot content at the moment, but that doesn't mean I can't do more while I'm poking at it if something brilliant comes to mind. I don't want to get carried away, though, since I want there to be enough time for testing.

TheBetterStory

#86 Post by TheBetterStory » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Alright, I've finally met Ervard. He's a fun addition to the cast! Unfortunately, his family vanished and I ended up flogging Alice for it. (That one surprised me. I didn't raise you to be that mean, Elodie!). I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong. I thought I had decent commoner approval.

Ramidel

#87 Post by Ramidel » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:49 am

Darksilverhawk wrote:(Found another oddity- checking the treasury weekend activity claims to give +1 angry on the castle map. Not sure what's causing that one; I just noticed it now.)
That means that your current skill is not enough to get in, so you'll be left out in the cold if you try. Which makes Elodie very angry.

Darksilverhawk

#88 Post by Darksilverhawk » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Accounting was at 65, she could get in fine. (guess I should have noted that to begin with) The save file I have for that moment seems to have fixed itself, so I assume it was just a random quirk where it decided to display the wrong result for that for some reason.

Sneaky

#89 Post by Sneaky » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I wanna see new ways to die. Like pitfalls or having your mind die.

Or maybe your head seen in a sniper scope. That's always fun. And bloody weird. But that is why I asked it.

Or being sent flying into the background, like Team Rocket. With your shocked soul in the foreground, maybe looking back. Maybe doesn't notice yet.

I don't know, I just really like that art.
"Boo!"

hanako
Site Admin

#90 Post by hanako » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:10 pm

NEW PATCH

Latest beta (1.1.23.1) includes the first big change to the checklist, adding achievement graphics and some new entries to the list. Some of these will be already unlocked from previous playing. Some you will have to earn fresh at this point in order to get the graphic. Please let me know if things aren't unlocking when they should be. (If you want a code to manually wipe your achievement list so you can start over, ask)

Plotwise, there's been some adjustment to the Elath succession crisis. Most importantly, if you identify and blame Talasse, you dispatch soldiers to the border, which should prevent the incursion in the following week.

This is not all, epilogues are still coming.