LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
GSN22

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#121 Post by GSN22 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 am

hanako wrote:Looking over the options I don't think big expensive lategame projects will fit the flow. Sorry.

I have, however, added one small use for money in the endgame (and this, like many other changes, helps make it easier to annoy the common people). You'll need to use a savegame from before the naval battle to set the variables properly. This can lead to a new Terrible Thing happening in an epilogue, for people who are trying to collect the worst queen ever.

(It also removes the option to giveaway food to solve unrest with your agents, for reasons that should be clear.)

so, beta 1.1.27 - new coronation parties

Oh, and non-ingame wise, it would be nice if there was an option to delete all your achievements thus far so you can collect them from scratch all over again. (it'd likely involve having to say "yes" several times in a row to make it nearly impossible to do by accident)

Sweet!

Ah... It'd be nice if we could so something with the money to deal with the bandits though, or have more input on having some military left (or no military left) effects Nova after the Magic Duel ending.

Maybe one could buy items/things which offer stat-bonuses? I don't know, just a thought. (I really do want to spend more money in the game!)

Finally I hope we get more saved game slots than just 100. 10 sets of 100 each might work well. (or 20 sets of 50 each, 50 's just about enough to have one quest and experiment a lot with it)

Ramidel

#122 Post by Ramidel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 am

GSN22 wrote:Maybe one could buy items/things which offer stat-bonuses? I don't know, just a thought. (I really do want to spend more money in the game!)
Ignoring the usual refrain that this really isn't a Civ game, the balance is very carefully designed so that your skills are only affected by your outfit and your studies. Bonus items would throw that off.

GSN22

#123 Post by GSN22 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:12 am

I guess... some lil' bonuses would be nice because even in a "best quest" you'll still miss a few options.

Maybe she could have an optional background (athletic, social, etc., or "Tabula Rasa" for 0) to give her some minor starting stats? It just always seems odd that she starts out the game with a 0 in everything. The bonuses wouldn't have to be exceptional or anything, or maybe optional backgrounds could be rewards for finishing the game in certain ways.

Karlminion

#124 Post by Karlminion » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:19 am

Did someone suggest more expressions for Elodie's father? If so, I second this; if not, I am bringing it up now! The man cannot go through life with a perpetual frown, his daughter ought to be able to make him smile! Or at least, frown lighter. :mrgreen:

hanako
Site Admin

#125 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:25 am

Couldn't get any more character art at this point in time. Maybe someday, but had to make best use of resources.

Speaking of...

NEW BETA

1.2.8 contains, along with a host of bugfixes as usual, the new epilogues system and the ability to browse epilogue graphics in the checklist.

This is the final content addition planned before Steam. There may or may not be more content sometime in the future but nothing else is going in here now because this needs a thorough testing before release. Please join in trying to collect the new epilogue windows and report any funny behavior you encounter along the way!

hanako
Site Admin

#126 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 am

GSN22 wrote: Oh, and non-ingame wise, it would be nice if there was an option to delete all your achievements thus far so you can collect them from scratch all over again. (it'd likely involve having to say "yes" several times in a row to make it nearly impossible to do by accident)
Can be done by cheat code - actually I should have Spiky come by and post instructions for how to do that.
Finally I hope we get more saved game slots than just 100. 10 sets of 100 each might work well. (or 20 sets of 50 each, 50 's just about enough to have one quest and experiment a lot with it)
Technically there are infinite save slots if you just keep clicking 'next' to bring up another page.

Jerbok89

#127 Post by Jerbok89 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:04 am

Karlminion wrote:Did someone suggest more expressions for Elodie's father? If so, I second this; if not, I am bringing it up now! The man cannot go through life with a perpetual frown, his daughter ought to be able to make him smile! Or at least, frown lighter. :mrgreen:
I did!

SilverBloodIllusion

#128 Post by SilverBloodIllusion » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Jerbok89 wrote:
Karlminion wrote:Did someone suggest more expressions for Elodie's father? If so, I second this; if not, I am bringing it up now! The man cannot go through life with a perpetual frown, his daughter ought to be able to make him smile! Or at least, frown lighter. :mrgreen:
I did!
I would also like to see this.

hanako
Site Admin

#129 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:48 pm

... guys i did just say that it cannot be done at this point, there's not really much to comment on there... :)

has anyone begun collecting the new epilogues yet?

Darksilverhawk

#130 Post by Darksilverhawk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:15 pm

I love the new overall look of the epilogue screen, it feels a lot more regal than the old one. I've only grabbed the slides for things I already had late-game saves for, but I look forward to seeing them all. Must... collect... everything. (And then do it again once the Steam version comes out.)

(I know it's not in the cards for now, but I would also like to echo the desire for more character art at some point in the future, if it ever becomes feasible.)

hanako
Site Admin

#131 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Yeah, it was mostly that the original artist was really busy at the time that the greenlight happened. She very kindly let me have a couple of pieces in a hurry. Once I have this whole launch hassle out of the way and time to breathe we might be able to get more things done. For launch, I needed to get all this stuff ready reasonably fast and not spend months waiting. :)

Miakoda

#132 Post by Miakoda » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Heh, I admit you now have me doing a Pokémon type run trying to find everything.

Needless to say, the new epilogue feature/collection is well done.

On a related note, changing the order of achievements was also a good idea. It definitely feels like the player 'accomplished' versus the old way when all the achievements were grouped (like all the marriages).

I hope my own suggestion of possibly changing some of the colors was not taken amiss. The main thing was to make the screen seem a little more 'exciting' as it were. Moving achievements around certainly did that :)

Heh, and I know someone who will be blown away by all this added content when it eventually comes out for their GoG edition later.

hanako
Site Admin

#133 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:53 pm

No, it was a good suggestion, it's just that it didn't work very well done on my end (I could get the roses black no problem, but changing them to other things was out of my reach, and even if I dragged the achievements artist back in to do it, I didn't have a clear idea of color changes for the other icons.)

GSN22

#134 Post by GSN22 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 am

It'd be nice if we had a little bit more control over choosing stat-based endings and some marriages, which often are calculated randomly. (ie, if you have 100 in several fields you should be able to select the stat-based ending instead of having it selected for you)

It'd also be nice if we more skilled players had options to incorporate up to stat based-endings for some... I mean, while it's unlikely you could be a warmonger AND clear up the forest, improving the education system or rights of animals (or just traveling a lot and being athletic) shouldn't be a big enough deal to not be able to do one more thing as well.

hanako
Site Admin

#135 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:03 am

Okay, I'm gonna lock this thread and open up a new beta discussion thread in the normal forum instead. As we are in content freeze now testing for launch, any random suggestions thrown here would just be lost and not noticed if and when we actually are considering new content again.