LLTQ Plot enhancements (before the Steam release)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Miakoda

Re: LLTQ Enhanced Plot Suggestions - top secret

#106 Post by Miakoda » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:31 pm

hanako wrote:No events in weekend activities except when absolutely necessary (Julianna's dungeon appearance). Weekend activities are for mood management. They are DEFINITELY not for skill boosts. Sorry. :) That sort of thing would change the nature of the existing game too much.
*grins* Fair enough. Obviously I was showing some of my own table-top RPG inclinations there ;)

TheBetterStory

#107 Post by TheBetterStory » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:01 am

hanako wrote:Spiky decided that ransoming the captives from Shanjia should also count - might you have done that?
Ah, yes! I thought it had to be Briony.

hanako
Site Admin

#108 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:30 am

Latest beta update adjusts one line of Julianna's in that conversation if Lucille is around (so she's not so obviously clueless) and reorders the achievements so the list doesn't look so blah with a whole bunch of the same thing in a row.

Still waiting on the rest of the epilogue graphics.

As far as uses for money in the endgame (post-Shanjia) goes, I am considering this. I'm just not sure what options make sense and would make a practical difference at that point without feeling unfair to people who've played the game as it currently stood. Not sure yet.

GSN22

#109 Post by GSN22 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 am

Is there any to fix it so you can still romance that one blonde girl even if you don't arrest or kick out your aunt?

hanako
Site Admin

#110 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 am

You've not been following the updates that have already been made to the gala with enough intriguey skills. :)

(Or rather - I assume you mean Julianna. Who is not Elodie's aunt. She's Briony's aunt. Elodie's aunt is Lucille.)

Jerbok89

#111 Post by Jerbok89 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:55 am

Can we have a scene in which someone else talks to Elodie's father. I feel like his character isn't fully developed. (Except for being a neglectful father on the weekend lol jkjkjkjkjkjkjk)
Oh, and can we have the power to name our pet just for the purpose of sheer stupidy and fun? :lol: :lol: I wanna name my Falcon Snickerdoodle.
And can we have more dance checks? I can only find like two in the game and they're pretty useless.

Darksilverhawk

#112 Post by Darksilverhawk » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:38 pm

hanako wrote:As far as uses for money in the endgame (post-Shanjia) goes, I am considering this. I'm just not sure what options make sense and would make a practical difference at that point without feeling unfair to people who've played the game as it currently stood. Not sure yet.
You mean like stuff similar to the way the printing press used to work, where you only get an epilogue paragraph about it? Because I feel like that would be fine, and a good little reward for players who focus on certain stats. Maybe Elodie could chose to give a small grant to any number of different individuals, or engage in some public works projects, or open a royal academy, or a few other options based on her skills.

Hesquidor

#113 Post by Hesquidor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 pm

I've been playing around with the new build; has the Father/Sirin outcome changed any? I tried to trip her up and failed but in the epilogue he didn't get married to her which I'm pretty sure happened last time (unless there's other checks I'm not aware of? Though I did ask the printing press to print a memorial to Fidelia, would that affect it?).

I have to say I like Alice. Didn't get much change to interact with her but it's nice to have a portrait to her.

I would quite like a wee bit of flavour text in the epilogue if Elodie ends the game with a large treasury. Perhaps her palace becomes legendary for it's opulence? Or a cruel (economic?) Elodie is the subject of vicious whispers where she swims in her piles of gold?

hanako
Site Admin

#114 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Sirin only gets him if you failed to do something to her AND he was considering her suit at the time (and you don't encourage him to marry Brin instead). If he said something about how it wouldn't happen any time soon, he was just humoring her.

Darksilverhawk

#115 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 am

Ohhh, I like the swimming in piles of gold idea a lot, especially if Elodie raises taxes; the greedy princess who never leaves the palace and never spends a cent. Maybe that could even show up in-game somewhere if commoner approval is low enough and you're being stingy with your funds.

hanako
Site Admin

#116 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:32 am

The amount of money Elodie gets to play with is only a small fraction of the actual Novan budget, most of which is already spoken for. We just aren't micromanaging the rest of the funds.

Darksilverhawk

#117 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 am

That doesn't mean those silly common people don't talk anyway. (and sing insulting songs and order insulting drinks. ;) )

(Spoilers ahead? Is the Novan history check at the party while talking to Briony supposed to pass at exactly 90, or does it have to be over 90? Because I have a file with it at exactly 90, and I'm failing that check.)
Last edited by Darksilverhawk on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#118 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:11 am

(did anyone invent a recipe for that drink? I can't remember. :) )

Darksilverhawk

#119 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:21 am

(I feel like if it doesn't exist already it definitely needs to. I don't recall ever seeing one, though. In fact, I'd forgotten about that event entirely until I bumped into it testing stuff.)

hanako
Site Admin

#120 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 am

Looking over the options I don't think big expensive lategame projects will fit the flow. Sorry.

I have, however, added one small use for money in the endgame (and this, like many other changes, helps make it easier to annoy the common people). You'll need to use a savegame from before the naval battle to set the variables properly. This can lead to a new Terrible Thing happening in an epilogue, for people who are trying to collect the worst queen ever.

(It also removes the option to giveaway food to solve unrest with your agents, for reasons that should be clear.)

so, beta 1.1.27 - new coronation parties