Any more ways to win?

Rule the world - or die trying!
PenelopeIrving

Any more ways to win?

#1 Post by PenelopeIrving » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

I've spent far too long playing this game now :lol: and I've won in various ways. I was just wondering if I've exhausted the potential outcomes, or if there's anything more to strive for?

1. Sunk the invading fleet by combining my Lumen powers with the other two, although it's a pity this raises a Kraken - not my preferred outcome for the kingdom!
2. Ignored the fleet and won a Lumen duel with a swordy flourish.
3. Ignored the fleet and won over the minstrel king guy with the power of music.
4. Rejected magic, and defeated the fleet with intelligence and naval know-how (this is supposed to be a hard ending to achieve so I was pleased with this).

I've also hired a Lumen minister (I think the only way to do this is to get into the treasury using Accounting, then pouring all efforts into Lumen skills so that you're a fully trained Lumen by the time of the ball). Surprised but pleased to realise that this eliminates most of the attacks that usually happen, like the birthday party bandits and the poisoned chocolates - although it does seem to trigger an assassination attempt by a mysterious assailant at the lady day parade, which I'd never had happen before!

I'd also quite like to try marrying Kevan, but I'm not sure how to avoid enraging him and having to kill him at the tournament?

Any pointers would be great. I'm wondering if I've more or less played the game out, or if there's more to see.

lullabyz

Re: Any more ways to win?

#2 Post by lullabyz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:45 pm

there's another way by ignoring magic and accept the duel with togami.

ur daddy will fight for u!

to avoid kevan attacking you. save Briony will do!~

not really sure though

Franka

#3 Post by Franka » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 am

Well, it's as much about all the things you do on the way, as it is about surviving till the end, so it's a reasonably safe bet that you haven't played the game out yet. :D

I invite you to take a look at my unofficial extended checklist.

There is also the wiki where you can jump into any week and see potential events and outcomes, though admittedly it's a little technical to look at.

PenelopeIrving

#4 Post by PenelopeIrving » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks! I found that if you end up killing Lucille at the ball instead of recruiting her, there's a whole new subplot with magical shadow monsters... although I got killed before I could see how this panned out.

Was mortified too, to be rejected by Kevan (and conclude he was gay) after playing through a whole game specifically to see what happens when I marry him! Wonder where I went wrong there... :lol:

Hazel

#5 Post by Hazel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 am

Well, Kevan is part of a very complicated family. Did his mother start a rebellion against you? What happened with Briony? She's related to him, too.

PenelopeIrving

#6 Post by PenelopeIrving » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:35 am

No rebellion, and I got Briony to come home with me from the birthday party then persuaded her not to go into the forest but to reconcile with her mum. I wasn't able to read the cipher bit of the letter though, as I hadn't trained intrigue. I know from past playthroughs it contains some scandalous info about Kevan.

I'd also like to know what happens if you are able to climb after the squid poem. Sigh. I'm going to have to do it all again just one more time... :lol: