Typo patrol

Rule the world - or die trying!
KevinTMC

Typo patrol

#1 Post by KevinTMC » Sat May 18, 2013 4:16 am

I've just started playing Long Live The Queen this evening (it caught my eye on the "Show Me The Sales" page, which the indie developer of "Game Dev Story" had suggested I check out). Really enjoying the game so far.

The text seemed quite clean throughout my first attempt (I survived about 25 weeks); but I've just had a typo jump out at me on my second playthrough, so I thought I'd post it here and then add to the thread if I spot anything else.

From training in Foreign Affairs, skill threshold 20: "Four years ago, the Duchess of Hellas tried to forment an insurrection..."

That should be foment.

KevinTMC

#2 Post by KevinTMC » Sat May 18, 2013 5:02 am

Studying Court Manners, skill threshold 80: "...and how to correspond with the rules of foreign domains."

Should be rulers, surely?

Karlminion

#3 Post by Karlminion » Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 am

I have one to point out as well. When recruiting the "musician" she mentioned juggling dangers. Shouldn't that be daggers instead?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Karlminion wrote:I have one to point out as well. When recruiting the "musician" she mentioned juggling dangers. Shouldn't that be daggers instead?
Now that one is completely intentional. Think about it. :)

KevinTMC

#5 Post by KevinTMC » Sun May 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Not quite sure about this sentence, from Fabian's dialogue at the ball:

"He and I will never settle it who should have known better, and it's too late now."

Is he trying to say something like "we will never agree on which of us should have known better", perhaps? Though I'm not sure that makes sense either--why shouldn't both of them have known better than to do whatever it was that either or both of them did? Sorry...I'm just plain confused here.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sun May 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Is he trying to say something like "we will never agree on which of us should have known better", perhaps?
Something like that, yes, but rambling a bit... he is rather elderly, after all.

The intended implication is that the two old men have been at odds ever since Cayleigh's death. Once it was far too late, each tended to insist that the other should have seen it coming and should have prevented it. They probably do blame themselves as well, but that doesn't mean they'd admit it or forgive each other. And it wasn't really either of their faults, anyway. Their choices contributed to the situation but it was just bad luck that she died.

It's something of a sensitive subject, and he has no reason to be extra-clear about it with little Elodie.

KevinTMC

#7 Post by KevinTMC » Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm

hanako wrote:Something like that, yes, but rambling a bit... he is rather elderly, after all.

The intended implication is that <snip>.

It's something of a sensitive subject, and he has no reason to be extra-clear about it with little Elodie.
Ah. I get it now. Thank you for taking the trouble to elaborate.

While I'm at it--thank you for this enjoyable piece of work. I'm certainly glad I stumbled across that sale at SMTG...the game has been a most welcome diversion this weekend. My fianc?e is taking a liking to it too...we'll have to try another of your titles sometime soon. (Perhaps Cute Knight.)

KevinTMC

#8 Post by KevinTMC » Mon May 20, 2013 6:10 am

Here's a couple entries from studying Weapons which saw extra words creep in:

Sword 10: "You take up a wooden sword and and practice correct grips and stances."

Archery 40: "You learn how about caring for your bow - how to store it between uses, string and unstring, and check for damage or wear. You also learn that you should never "fire" a bow without an arrow on the string."

Also, I've come to expect British spellings from the game--but then ran across "armor" and "you practice" in these bits of text, instead of "armour" and "you practise". Not a huge deal, but it did ping the copy-editing part of my brain, so I'm sharing while I'm at it.