Vote for us on Greenlight!

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Vote for us on Greenlight!

#1 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm

So, I finally put up a Greenlight page (after failing to talk Steam into just carrying the thing, hmph) and it needs your love!

Vote for Long Live The Queen

Remember, anyone who already owns the game will get free Steam keys if it ever comes out so you are practically voting to give yourself FREE STUFF. And there would almost certainly be an update adding achievements if nothing else, maybe more, so you are definitely voting to give yourself FREE STUFF. And who doesn't like free stuff?

GO GO GO

Benazir

#2 Post by Benazir » Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm

I voted. And I'll definitely buy this game if it'll be on Steam. :)

kyoli

#3 Post by kyoli » Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm

So voted! I wish all your games could be on steam! so if we have already bought the game how do we register it on steam if it ends up on there?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Wed May 01, 2013 10:57 pm

If it gets there I'll provide keys by email for registered users.

perch

#5 Post by perch » Thu May 02, 2013 3:05 am

Voted, commented encouragingly and got my partner to vote on their account as well. I hope it makes it.

valatarsis

#6 Post by valatarsis » Mon May 06, 2013 7:24 pm

8) soon as I saw it on the greenlight banner I jumped all over the vote button. Hope it gets approved soon!

Ramidel

#7 Post by Ramidel » Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 am

Voted, even if the game isn't...steamy enough. <rimshot>

Karlminion

#8 Post by Karlminion » Sun May 12, 2013 3:20 am

I totally voted for this! AND I left a comment!

Bought the game too. "Die trying" indeed... :roll:

rotopenguin

#9 Post by rotopenguin » Mon May 13, 2013 2:12 am

Any chance of Hanako titles getting into some modern stores? I have no problem buying through the Humble Store or GoG, and even put up with GamersGate when a good sale's on. But BMT, wow that's an old, creaky bastard. I had trouble with them back in the days of dialup. I'm just not inclined to share credit info with a store that thinks that 2011 is <BLINK>NEW!!</BLINK>, and is probably just as on the ball with their service packs.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 am

BMT isn't a store, it's just a payment processor. Signing up to actual stores is a huge pain in the butt, involves a lot of legal paperwork, makes it difficult to deliver new updates when they're ready, often requires DRM, prevents me from being able to sort out purchasing problems for users, and means they take a large chunk of the sales price. There are reasons I do a lot less business with external portals than I used to...

I haven't ruled out making a stab at GoG later, although it's unknown whether or not they'd be interested.

I do already have a contract with Valve, of course... but, well, here we are in the Greenlight queue.

rotopenguin

#11 Post by rotopenguin » Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 am

hanako wrote:BMT isn't a store, it's just a payment processor.
However you wanna cut it, BMT is a turn-off. I got this close to grabbing LLtQ via Showmethesales.com (referenced from the GOG sales forum), and I'm just going to let it go at that. The recommendation for Cute Knight in Metadating #8 (29k views) popped up in the back of my head when I saw Hanako in the sloppy mess that is SMTS. LLtQ and Cinders were the only 2 things that I looked at further from there. Half of the stuff I already have, however.

I'm just throwing this out here as a "failed transaction stack dump", so you can have some data point about the customers you aren't making. Your core customers are grinning and bearing the icky store, but the more numerous/fickle adventure-gamers-that-might-try-something-different-today are slipping through your fingers. Or so I guess, the fun part about economics is that nobody really checks your work.

Make of it what you will, no refund on free business advice without original receipt.