Recommendation?

Rule the world - or die trying!
Tarvok

Recommendation?

#1 Post by Tarvok » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:38 pm

I definitely haven't done everything in this game, but I feel the need to play a similar game without all the prior knowledge of what's happening and all that. And I'm what you'd call a "crossover fan"; a male who doesn't particularly feel the need to play a female centered romance story. I've also heard that this particular game is somewhat different from the rest of the Hanako lineup.

Which of Hanako Games' other works would you recommend to someone who's first game was Long Live The Queen?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Actually my recommendation for something you should try next would be not precisely one of my games at all, but this affiliate title instead.

It's an insanely complicated stat sim (so. many. options.) with a billion secrets to find. You can play a male or female character and there's not really any romance (friendship quests instead).

It has less of a central narrative, so some people find it a bit undirected, but that also means an enormous amount of freedom to do whatever you want. You will not be dropping dead all the time, although you can certainly get yourself into bad situations and make it hard to progress effectively.

Alternately, Magical Diary's on sale on Steam this week, and while it is definitely more on the romance side and less on the intricate challenge of doom side, there are a lot of optional events to find and there are dungeons.

There's my tips, others can add their own. :)

Tarvok

#3 Post by Tarvok » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 am

Looks interesting. I'll probably grab that at some point.

Ramidel

#4 Post by Ramidel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 am

I'd also recommend the Cute Knight games.