Beta patch - 1.1.4

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Beta patch - 1.1.4

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:55 pm

We've pushed out a handful of little fixes. Those of you who are good at chasing up tiny plot details, it would be appreciated if you could help us test that these new bits work. :)

New in update:

Ability to declare Lucille Duchess of Merva in the epilogue (re: other thread)
Julianna now leaves the castle if banished after imprisonment
Charlotte's face should be less cheerful if you meet her after killing her mother
Fixed a few instances of Briony coming back from the dead
Some fixes to traceback handling

Darksilverhawk

#2 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:43 am

Finally! I got to see Lucille become Duchess of Merva. You have no idea how many games I spent looking for that ending.

I can also quickly checked and Julianna and Charlotte's scenes are also working properly for me. Not sure what exactly was causing Briony to come back from the dead, so I can't check that one.

Hazel

#3 Post by Hazel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Briony coming back from the dead happens if Elodie's approval is high enough from defeating Togami that Julianna and Selene can get married. I got that bug a couple of times. I'll be checking it when I get the chance.

Mainewriter

#4 Post by Mainewriter » Fri May 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi, when I try to patch to the latest version, I keep getting the same error, which is:

UpdateException("Could not download 'http://updates.spikycaterpillar.com/llq/latest': URL( error(1104) 'The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call'),)",)

I enabled beta patching, too, so I don't know what's wrong. Can I get some help? I really want the ending where Lucille becomes Duchess of Merva.

Spiky Caterpillar

#5 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon May 06, 2013 1:32 am

Mainewriter wrote:Hi, when I try to patch to the latest version, I keep getting the same error, which is:

UpdateException("Could not download 'http://updates.spikycaterpillar.com/llq/latest': URL( error(1104) 'The system detected an invalid pointer address in attempting to use a pointer argument in a call'),)",)

I enabled beta patching, too, so I don't know what's wrong. Can I get some help? I really want the ending where Lucille becomes Duchess of Merva.
That's an unexpected error - what operating system (and version, and processor type) are you using? Have you ever updated the game successfully? What version of the game do you currently have? What antivirus programs are you using?

If the error goes away when you quit and restart the game or if you start the game after rebooting, then I suspect memory corruption or a bug related to address space randomization. (If other programs often crash or lock up, then it's probably memory corruption.)