Something that I'm curious about

Rule the world - or die trying!
phoenixgirl

Something that I'm curious about

#1 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 am

So I finally got all the events checked off as well as the death chibis. ^^ There's something I'm wondering since I encountered it a few times during playthroughs.

It occurred when Elodie got her crystal and became a lumen. I think I had some pretty high faith skills as well although I don't remember for sure. When Elodie visits Julianna, she mentions that there was something strange about her-that it seemed as though Elodie had powers even before she got her crystal. Then Julianna replies and there's the option of whether to pursue the topic or drop it. I always pursue it but then that seems to be the end of the matter. Is there any way to continue to investigate it or is that really the end of that matter?
Please help and support me here.

Franka

#2 Post by Franka » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:21 am

If this is the event that I think it is, then you need a high Meditation skill early on to trigger it. It's the end of that particular thread I believe, but it plays out a little differently if Selene is your magic tutor instead of Julianna. And can have some unforeseen consequences in that case as well.

phoenixgirl

#3 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks. I went ahead and played through the game but had Selene be Elodie's lumen tutor this time. I wish this particular storyline had been expanded more, as it made me curious about Elodie's origins and all. XD

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Depending on which scenes you've seen already, there may be (a tiny bit) more to the storyline... Have you also investigated what's strange about Charlotte?

phoenixgirl

#5 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 am

Ahh I got to the part where Elodie says that she'll need to talk to Charlotte and all-after the talk with Selene. But I fail a check and Elodie dies. Hmm, I should go back and try it again at some point. XD

phoenixgirl

#6 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 pm

So I decided to go ahead and try this again and I got to the point where Elodie says that she'll write to Charlotte. But then nothing else happens. I'm wondering if that's the end of that particular story.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Charlotte doesn't get that letter - someone else does, and while there may be results, they wouldn't give you any more information.

As for what's really going on here - what do Elodie and Charlotte have in common? Beyond just being related (although their being related is part of it).

Why might Elodie and Charlotte have special powers even without being a Lumen, whereas, say, Briony wouldn't, even though Briony may be able to become a Lumen?

phoenixgirl

#8 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 am

Hmm I think I am missing something since I can't seem to get further on this plot. Here's what I do know:

I remember that Charlotte was able to heal Elodie when she gotten bitten by that snake early on even though I'm pretty sure that Charlotte didn't have a lumen crystal then. And Elodie mentions to Selene about displaying some sort of power even before she got her crystal. I'm not sure what's going on with Briony, though. I only explored her story to get one of the events on the checklist off-the one about the terrible family secret.

I think I might be missing a certain stat that can get me further along. The last thing I get is that Elodie will send a letter to Charlotte but then nothing happens after that. From what I remember, I had internal affairs up on the intrigue category but do I need the others? I kept trying to raise certain stats enough to keep Elodie alive.

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 pm

No, there's nothing else about this plotline in the game itself - figuring out what's happening here is metaplot. :)