Discovered a terrible family secret

Rule the world - or die trying!
phoenixgirl

Discovered a terrible family secret

#1 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:58 am

I recently bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It's challenging but definitely a lot of fun. :D

I've gotten through everything on the checklist except for the discovered a terrible family secret one. I know how to get it but the problem is that I don't seem to get enough time to build up the necessary stats to get this event checked off.

I know I have to attend the birthday party and for that, I need pretty high reflexes and archery skills. I have no problem getting those. I know that I'd need to become a lumen to get the sense magic skill unlocked so I get my accounting skill up as high as necessary to be able to enter the treasury. I can get all of those but then it's late for me to start building the novan history and ciphering skills by the time of the party and then I fail the novan history check. I am leveling up the other lumen skills as well so I'm wondering if that's the problem. Should I forego building up wield and resist magic skills so I can get this event?
Please help and support me here.

Franka

#2 Post by Franka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

At some point, you'll look back on this and wonder what the problem was. :) If nothing else, you could look into other ways to reach the birthday party, where you don't need archery/reflexes. Such as eliminating the person (as a threat at least) who forces you to make that check. Or getting some additional help, so you aren't put in such a precarious position in the first place...

Oh, and Sense Magic isn't actually a skill you need for this. The skills you need are:
Novan History or Lore, Herbs, Running, Horses or Dance, and Ciphering

phoenixgirl

#3 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks. I got that event after I posted this. I'm never able to avoid that encounter during the carriage ride, though, so I always have reflexes and archery stats. But I made sure to have enough of the conversation stats so the fourth option about Briony's uncle was unlocked. :)

Now time to get all the remaining death chibis. XD
Please help and support me here.

Ramidel

#4 Post by Ramidel » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 pm

@Phoenixgirl: The way to avoid the bandits is to discover your enemy with magic.