The death of nobles

Rule the world - or die trying!
ark99k

The death of nobles

#1 Post by ark99k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:06 pm

So, How many nobles have you killed in all of your play throughs? Please state the nobles name and why you killed them. I am asking because I want to know if you can wreck your country by being stupid and killing off all of the noblity. :twisted:
I could only kill Brin, Banion, that one guy and my dad. Well, unless you count Togami............ wait no........ well, I did one time because I wantedto know what happened if you chose to fight. :(
★Shining like a star!★

Ramidel

#2 Post by Ramidel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Brin & Banion

Laurent, Lucille and Charlotte

Joslyn

Arisse, Kevan, Anciet & Briony

Togami, if you count that upstart musician as a noble. :P

Sadly, that isn't enough to properly wreck the kingdom. The duchies will just be inherited by lesser nobles or new creations.

ark99k

#3 Post by ark99k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Either that or you will be over thrown in a year. I know how to kill Briony, but I did not know killing Anciet was an option!
★Shining like a star!★

Ramidel

#4 Post by Ramidel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Ack. I meant Adair, not Anciet! Too many nobles with A-names :P

Send him to his grandfather. Talarist will take care of the matter.

ark99k

#5 Post by ark99k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh, yeah Adair. He is so cute!
★Shining like a star!★

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:30 pm

For good measure, you can have his grandfather killed for getting him killed.

ark99k

#7 Post by ark99k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Yes because that is the best way to solve your problems! KILLING PEOPLE! :twisted: Hey, why does Adair die only if you send him to his grandpa's home.
★Shining like a star!★

Ramidel

#8 Post by Ramidel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Because his grandfather simply isn't capable enough to keep Talarist's assassins away. Talarist isn't even going to try anything with Armand, let alone Arisse (!!), but Adair's grandfather is not nearly as able a guardian.

ark99k

#9 Post by ark99k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm

I send him to Adele's to avoid his death and unhappiness.You can kill your cousins, aunt and your uncle if your spy tells you that your aunt sent the poisoned chocolates.
★Shining like a star!★

Gamer

Briony is still alive

#10 Post by Gamer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:12 pm

I just want to point out that I played through the game again today and after I left Briony in the forest and blamed it on her mother, I got an ending where Julianna appointed Briony as her successor (who is supposed to be dead). On another note, I also married Banion after getting his sister killed. It was eagerly accepted though.

ark99k

Re: Briony is still alive

#11 Post by ark99k » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Gamer wrote:I just want to point out that I played through the game again today and after I left Briony in the forest and blamed it on her mother, I got an ending where Julianna appointed Briony as her successor (who is supposed to be dead).

Oh, you did not hear? Briony can rise from the end at will because she died a tragic death. Isnt that the logic of most games and animes?
★Shining like a star!★

Hazel

#12 Post by Hazel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Oh yeah, I got that bug once, and after blowing up Kevan and everything. What was he so mad about if Briony made it out alive? Or wait, maybe he wasn't blown up? Blowing people up tends to sour the people's opinions about magic and magic users. I can't imagine why.

Also, after you execute Arisse you can still marry her son. No, not the blown up one, or the one with the temper issues. The third son, whose name I don't remember.

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Hazel wrote: Also, after you execute Arisse you can still marry her son. No, not the blown up one, or the one with the temper issues. The third son, whose name I don't remember.
I'm trying to go through the epilogue for bugs and I'm not sure exactly what you're seeing there, especially since there are a lot of characters with a lot of names. Are you sure you have the right guy?

Arisse has a son named Kiran who is relatively sane and may be one of your marriage prospects. What's supposed to happen is that you can only propose marriage to him if he becomes a Duke, which means either banishing, executing, or assassinating Arisse. However, if you either banish or execute her, he turns you down. The only way to marry him is if you secretly assassinated her... and that goes about as badly as you might expect.

However, Arisse has a crazy-huge family, and one of the other characters that you may be able to choose as a marriage prospect is Linley, who is the son of the Duke of Kigal and therefore Arisse's grandson. His mother is Arisse's daughter Charmion. It's not possible to execute Charmion during the game, only to exile her. If you do that, Linley won't marry you, but he's not coded to hold as much of a grudge for you executing his grandmother.

This is what should be, which isn't always what actually is, since the code gets so tangled... but the only marriage text written for Kiran is the one that goes very obviously wrong, so I'm guessing it's Linley you're thinking of?