Extended Checklist

Rule the world - or die trying!
Miakoda

Re: Re:

#46 Post by Miakoda » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Neko Hibiki wrote:
hanako wrote:(Quick, try to think of some aspect of education that isn't covered in the game stats so that we can pretend she was learning it)
High energy physics, quantum mechanics, warp mechanics, temporal mechanics, interuniversal portal physics.
Although much of that may fall under advanced magical theory ;) (At least in the LLTQ universe)

micchan

Re: Extended Checklist

#47 Post by micchan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 am

When I saw there is an achievement for marrying a commoner, I had a sinking feeling it won't be as easy it sounds.
I was right.

I manage to get Cookie Boy as my servant (I don't know how), and that's that. I thought it had something to do with noble approval, or being willful, or maybe even the royal demeanor skill set (to intimidate everyone who dares question your choice of boy toys), but no luck so far.

I can even begin to imagine what it would take to snag Alice >_<

hanako
Site Admin

#48 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Alice is really hard to stumble over by accident but easy to get if you know how (and she only has one epilogue option) - Evrard's epilogues are controlled by a lot of hidden variables, so while it's not that hard to get an epilogue with him, getting a GOOD one is the hard part.

If you've made him taste food for you, then the only way to get a happy ending is to be really unpopular with nobles and/or commoners so that you end up bonding with him despite the difference in your rank.

If you trusted him enough not to treat him like a servant, then the only way to get a happy ending is to be really popular and to have Nova at peace with its neighbors, in which case Elodie can feel safe to indulge herself.

micchan

#49 Post by micchan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:18 pm

hanako wrote:Alice is really hard to stumble over by accident but easy to get if you know how (and she only has one epilogue option) - Evrard's epilogues are controlled by a lot of hidden variables, so while it's not that hard to get an epilogue with him, getting a GOOD one is the hard part.

If you've made him taste food for you, then the only way to get a happy ending is to be really unpopular with nobles and/or commoners so that you end up bonding with him despite the difference in your rank.

If you trusted him enough not to treat him like a servant, then the only way to get a happy ending is to be really popular and to have Nova at peace with its neighbors, in which case Elodie can feel safe to indulge herself.
Oh, that's very helpful!

...Is what I'd like to say, but yeah, still no cigar. I don't get, I repeatedly get told how everyone love, people build shrine for me and no one even tries to assassinate me. I avoided war with my neighbors, either won the navy battle or defeated Togami personally... What else do you want, Elodie??

I couldn't get everyone to hate me and still make to coronation, which was not surprising. I suppose it's possible, but it requires an amazingly specific set of skills and/or careful planning with a walkthrough.

Also, regarding king Joslyn part in the epilogue: I never got a positive result for him. The best I got was to slightly adjust from 'alone forever' to 'not specifically alone forever'. Is there a somewhat happier result for him?

Ariel Schnee

#50 Post by Ariel Schnee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:33 pm

One thing I would like to see in achievements that is not there... one for 'gotten all the clothes', that'd be really neat.
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Ariel Schnee

#51 Post by Ariel Schnee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

hanako wrote:Alice is really hard to stumble over by accident but easy to get if you know how
How?
Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee. And Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Miakoda

#52 Post by Miakoda » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Neko Hibiki wrote:
hanako wrote:Alice is really hard to stumble over by accident but easy to get if you know how
How?
Well, I've been able to get her on a semi-consistent basis now. You will need to highlight the text below for the pertinent info. I may be off on some of the numbers here. And this is major spoilerage.

One thing to bear in mind is that some of the checks with Alice requires you to be cruel. You can accomplish this by going hunting (if you opened up that route).

Step 1: You have to have a positive encounter where you can do something nice for Alice. From what I've come across, there are three possible ones instances for this.

A: The first encounter is if a maid spills liquid all over you.
B: The second chance is when you choose a dance partner at the grand ball. If you pick examine the women, Alice should be a choice.
C: If things went swimmingly with Brin/Banion, then choose Brin to dance with. Brin will send you flowers, and you can give the flowers to Alice. Alice will only accept them if you have a high enough Cruelty (I think it has to be 5, but this I'm not sure of).

Step 2: You have to be a bit ruthless during the Shanjian invasion. This shows up in two paths.
A: If you summon the kraken, and you have the chance to sacrifice Charlotte to it.
B: If you defeat the navy, and must dispose of the nobles and soldiers. You can either choose to A: kill them all, or B: ransom the nobles, and kill the poor. If you want to have decent relations with surrounding countries, option B is recommended.

You know you are on the right path when Alice then makes a comment about always supporting you.

Step 3: Marriage Candidates. About the second to last week you have a list of possible marriage candidates, including No One. Pick no one...

hanako
Site Admin

#53 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 pm

micchan wrote:
hanako wrote: If you trusted him enough not to treat him like a servant, then the only way to get a happy ending is to be really popular and to have Nova at peace with its neighbors, in which case Elodie can feel safe to indulge herself.
Oh, that's very helpful!

...Is what I'd like to say, but yeah, still no cigar. I don't get, I repeatedly get told how everyone love, people build shrine for me and no one even tries to assassinate me. I avoided war with my neighbors, either won the navy battle or defeated Togami personally... What else do you want, Elodie??
spoiler time - the intended checks for the 'popular' Evrard ending are:

If Commoner Approval > 0 and Noble Approval > 0 and we are NOT sealing the kraken every week and we did NOT get the 'elodie's reign would not be peaceful' from pissing off Ixion and we are NOT under siege because of killing the Shanjian prisoners

There's a big range between that approval boundary and the level where people are actively trying to kill you in your sleep, though. There are all sorts of little things that might have cost you a bit of approval here and there without being noticeable (for example, the commoner uprising doesn't happen unless your approval rating is down to -45 iirc)

And since you can't directly track your approval scores... it's tough.
I couldn't get everyone to hate me and still make to coronation, which was not surprising. I suppose it's possible, but it requires an amazingly specific set of skills and/or careful planning with a walkthrough.
If you win the civil war, most likely your nobles are still ticked at you afterwards, even though you have them under control enough to finish the game from there.

In the food taster case, you only need commoner approval below -20 OR noble approval below -20 neither of which requires things being bad enough to go all the way to revolution. It's much easier.
Also, regarding king Joslyn part in the epilogue: I never got a positive result for him. The best I got was to slightly adjust from 'alone forever' to 'not specifically alone forever'. Is there a somewhat happier result for him?
You can push him into marrying someone but it's questionable whether that's actually a happier ending.

Ariel Schnee

#54 Post by Ariel Schnee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 am

micchan wrote:Also, regarding king Joslyn part in the epilogue: I never got a positive result for him. The best I got was to slightly adjust from 'alone forever' to 'not specifically alone forever'. Is there a somewhat happier result for him?
hanako wrote:You can push him into marrying someone but it's questionable whether that's actually a happier ending.
Who and how?
Signature

Miakoda

#55 Post by Miakoda » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 am

Neko Hibiki wrote: Who and how?
More spoilers

There are two people I know of that Joslyn can marry.

The first is if you pledge an early betrothal to Talarist (Duke of Sedna), Joslyn will feel pressured to provide an heir for his duchy. He will hook up with Sirin in this regard. Shame, I always thought Sirin would make a good partner to Elodie.

The second one I know of, and more interesting, is if you managed to gain Brin's...interest...in Elodie (resolving matters with Ixion, and dancing with her at the gala). When you can choose possible husbands, you get a message that says, if Elodie weds Banion, Brin can marry Joslyn, and this would allow Brin and Elodie to be...closer...as well.

Ramidel

#56 Post by Ramidel » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:54 pm

micchan wrote:Also, regarding king Joslyn part in the epilogue: I never got a positive result for him. The best I got was to slightly adjust from 'alone forever' to 'not specifically alone forever'. Is there a somewhat happier result for him?
You're assuming that Joslyn would be happier with a new wife, but he doesn't want one. I imagine the Brin route is probably the best option for him; she insulates him from other women and doesn't make any demands on him, aside from the requisite production of an heir (which he and Brin both need to get out of the way anyhow).

micchan

#57 Post by micchan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Ramidel wrote:
You're assuming that Joslyn would be happier with a new wife, but he doesn't want one. I imagine the Brin route is probably the best option for him; she insulates him from other women and doesn't make any demands on him, aside from the requisite production of an heir (which he and Brin both need to get out of the way anyhow).
I somehow doubt spending the rest of one's life mostly alone (what with Elodie being busy queening) is the best outcome for anyone. Joslyn is in his early thirties when he loses his wife, it is entirely possible for him to find someone to spend his life with. I'm not saying people can't be happy without a partner, I just think between living without a family, and living with a partner you are fond of, the second option is the happier one.

It's possible Joslyn is very close to his brother and would feel perfectly content just hanging out with him, but since that brother is rarely mentioned, it can't tell.

Of course, if the only options for the poor man are bossy, manipulative women, he might be better off alone.

Also. He is seriously young! Elodie calls Banion 'almost as old as her father' when he is in fact six years older. I guess nobles marry early?

hanako
Site Admin

#58 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Banion is two years younger than Joslyn.

Darksilverhawk

#59 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:28 pm

The impression I've always gotten is that Joslyn loves his late wife dearly is perfectly happy with the family he has- even if Elodie is all that's left of that. He doesn't want a new wife or more children, and if he ends up with one it's because he feels pressured to produce another heir, not because he's particularly fond of (or happy with) any of the potential partners.

Hazel

#60 Post by Hazel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm guessing the reason I didn't progress with cookie boy is because I missed the poison check. Given how many tries it took me to track him down... This may take a while.