Extended Checklist

Rule the world - or die trying!
Franka

Extended Checklist

#1 Post by Franka » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 pm

For the truly hardcore, see if you can complete this more or less obscure extended checklist (probably goes in increasing difficulty/obscurity). 8)

Have you...

gotten first place at a tournament?
survived an adventure in the forest?
thrown your favorite cousin to a sea monster?
exiled the leaders of a rebellion?
been blessed by cats?
had 16,000 lassi in your treasury?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Even *I* had forgotten about the cats thing :)

Hazel

#3 Post by Hazel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:30 am

Can you empty your treasury altogether? I've been very conservative with money in my games, so I've never gotten to a point where I needed to raise taxes. Although I suppose if you buy off Ixion... I'm going to go ahead and put that on my list too.

I also need to push the envelope on wiping out as much of the nobility as possible. No one will survive but Severin and Armand! Mwahahaha!

Franka

#4 Post by Franka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 am

hanako wrote:Even *I* had forgotten about the cats thing :)
It's the official Hanako Seal of Obscurity! A prize for the first person to provide a screenshot. (Could be gold, employment or status & praise, you won't know till you get it.)
Hazel wrote:Can you empty your treasury altogether?
You can. You can even end up owing money. I was goofing around and decided to chart that (also looking for an impoverished ending if there was one), when I also figured out how much money you could possibly earn. Reaching 16K is not easy though! It requires intimate knowledge of several events and very specific skill building.

Hazel

#5 Post by Hazel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm

There's a ransom scenario on my shortlist of scenes I haven't unlocked, I assume that's helpful. I'm also interested in finding out the slow way what sets the "tone" to Elodie's reign in the epilogue text. I've had militant, religious, artistic, verbose and adventurous queens. I can only imagine there might be flavor text for a queen with high cruelty, or unusually low approval ratings.

Every now and then I build the most unlikely skill combinations for kicks, but there are still several intriguing options I haven't gotten around to. History/medicine/animals seems promising, although that may just be the role-player in me. Simultaneously I am quashing the urge to write fanfic about five times Charlotte fulfilled all her mother's daringest dreams.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Urges are not meant to be quashed!

Franka

#7 Post by Franka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Hazel wrote:There's a ransom scenario on my shortlist of scenes I haven't unlocked, I assume that's helpful.
It could be one of the contributing events. :wink:
I'm also interested in finding out the slow way what sets the "tone" to Elodie's reign in the epilogue text. I've had militant, religious, artistic, verbose and adventurous queens. I can only imagine there might be flavor text for a queen with high cruelty, or unusually low approval ratings.
Your highest skill set seems to be the major factor here. Cruelty has its own additional flavor text. I think adventurous is also in addition to the skill flavor?

Hazel

#8 Post by Hazel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:11 am

Last night I failed to sacrifice Lottie, again. This may prove even more difficult than winning Briony's charms. Luckily fortune has favored me with a timely snow day. I think this calls for adopting a dog and hiring a musician.

I am wondering how negative the opinions of nobles other than Joslyn are about Lumen. I got an assassination attempt at the parade which blindsided me, and my blowing-things-up princesses always seem to end up with fewer marriage prospects.

No clue about the cats, though.

Franka

#9 Post by Franka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am

Hazel wrote:Last night I failed to sacrifice Lottie, again. This may prove even more difficult than winning Briony's charms.
Never miss a chance to be a complete jerk. Actively look for ways to create opportunities where you can be a jerk. Make it your only goal for that playthrough. That should help. Or if not, there is an easier way to do it that doesn't require you being the Mistress of Pain.
I got an assassination attempt at the parade which blindsided me
Since it's fairly early in the game, it must be dependent on very few events. Talarist, Ixion, your handling of Julianna. I won't spoil anything, but if you figure out where the assassin comes from, you might make some logical assumptions. In fact, I should go test some things...
No clue about the cats, though.
This one you pretty much have to stumble across by accident. :) I have a feeling not many people have seen it.

Franka

#10 Post by Franka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Hazel wrote:I got an assassination attempt at the parade which blindsided me
I can only manage to trigger the assassin in one very specific way, so I'm going to assume that's the only way to do so for now.
spoiler: by executing Brin

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 pm

There's another way. :)

Franka

#12 Post by Franka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 pm

I hate you.

In a good way of course. :lol:

Now you're going to make me experiment even more.

EDIT: A-HA! Make that two more ways! DOUBLE EDIT: 3 more ways!

This changes a few things I'll have to test for the wiki as well. Excellent!

Ironically, this other way is the one that I found first, I just didn't know it at the time.
Last edited by Franka on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazel

#13 Post by Hazel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:48 pm

The one I found was using magic against Ixion although now I think of it, I think I got a Sedna-related assassin once. My early games were based around a natural scaredy-cat tendency and so I kept the princess in the palace all the time on grounds that it's not safe outside. Of course that's a great way to lose the support of the common people.

Here's a question: I've never managed to unlock the option to marry a commoner, at least not that I recall. I assume it has to do with participating in a lot of public events like the tournament and trying not to execute too many people. Maybe if she's not a Lumen? IDK. I want to do a marriage checklist for my own reference.

Franka

#14 Post by Franka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Outside of trying to romance every female in the kingdom, the marriage prospects have not interested me that much. I do not recall ever having the option to marry a commoner though.

The only "special" marriage option I recall was when Arisse forced me to marry one of her brood.

Hazel

#15 Post by Hazel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm

The rate of eligible ladies is pretty low. Even outside of game-coded options, there's just not much to work with. Gwenelle is kind of a brat, Charlotte is related, and Adele... Well, technically Adele receives the same level of character development as most of the marriage options, so I guess she counts.

I want to marry Arisse's son just so I can have her an advisor and see if siccing her on Lucille is any fun. Might have to write a fic of them verbally sparring, it would be the match of the century.