OS Licences

Rule the world - or die trying!
fireball87

OS Licences

#1 Post by fireball87 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm

If I buy say a Linux license, will that work for upgrading the Windows demo? Also if that upgrade fails, could I get someone to throw the Windows download at me later if I need it? I currently use all 3 OS's at various times, and it would go a decent ways to know that I could run the game on whatever OS I feel like using.

I probably could just buy it and deal with trouble when it comes, but I feel more confident just asking now...

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 pm

It's the same registration key across all the versions, so yes, you should be able to upgrade the other demos with it.

I can provide full downloads of other OS installers when there are issues but at the moment I have to do it manually and it's a mild hassle, so it's easier on me if you try to upgrade first. :) We're working on a system to make multiple-OS downloads a little easier but I don't know when that'll be done.

But yes, if you email me with your order details I can generally sort things out.

(Alternately if you get the CD version, we put all three versions on the disc because that's just sensible!)

fireball87

#3 Post by fireball87 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks for the quick confirmation, I'll probably pick it up sometime later today.

Good luck with your current projects (may your off by ones be off by one, thereby correct, etc).