Question about the Queen's death

Rule the world - or die trying!
GSN22

Question about the Queen's death

#1 Post by GSN22 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:00 am

1. The king blames your aunt. However....

2. She's an ally the whole game (unless you let her rot in the dungeon) and explains that your mom died in some kind of magic-related accident. But...

3. Togami, the Big Bad, will boast to you (if he kills your father) that he's the one responsible for murdering your mom.

However, Togami stays in Shanjia the whole game unless his invasion beats your navy.

Does that mean that evil old Lucille was responsible for murdering your mom? She's the meanest and most ruthless character in the game, and it seems like she and Togami may have had some kind of mutual arrangement.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:25 am

Duchess Julianna is not Elodie's aunt. Julianna is Briony's aunt. Julianna is the one that the king vaguely blames and who may get locked up in the dungeon if you take him literally.

However, the king didn't actually mean it literally - he doesn't mean that Julianna murdered Fidelia at all. What he means is that Julianna is a Lumen and encouraged Fidelia to learn about and practice magic. He believes that Fidelia died because she used magic too often. Using magic in this setting is DANGEROUS. It's just that sheltered, ignorant Elodie has no way to understand what he's really saying at that point in the game.

Elodie's aunt Lucille is not an ally throughout most of the game. :) But no, she's not working with Togami.

GSN22

#3 Post by GSN22 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:49 am

Okay... (sorry, got the two names mixed up)

But how exactly does the Queen die? If it was a magic accident, but one that Togami helped orchestrate, that does suggest that some Lumen in the kingdom must have been involved to help make the "accident" happen.

Franka

#4 Post by Franka » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 am

Considering Togami has a Lumen disguised as a peasant making trouble in the country, it doesn't have to be anyone local. It could even have been that person. Probably was.

Oki

#5 Post by Oki » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:02 am

Togami! I am so angry with you for this.

I mean, I cant even romance you you're so evil. You know a character is too far gone when they cant even be saved by the magic of lurve.
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me