Debug Codes

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Debug Codes

#1 Postby hanako » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 am

Now that the game has been out for a while and the new graphics update is out, the codes can be posted publicly.

However, I will reiterate that it is REALLY not a good idea to use these until you have managed to reach coronation at least once on your own, because you'll end up missing most of the game that way. :)

Long Live The Queen cheat codes

Be warned - it is possible to use cheat codes to put the game in an
impossible state. It's possible you might have to go back to an
un-cheated save to continue playing.

To input cheat codes, find the debug console button (Depending on the game version, it is either on the main options menu or in the Video Settings screen). Enter codes as described below, then hit enter twice after you finish so that the code will take effect.

If you want to temporarily change your skill, set
(the skill name in lower-case, with all spaces changed to underscores) to
a new number, like this:

To set Court Manners to 85:
court_manners = 85

To set Flattery to 0:
flattery = 0

This will give you a temporary bonus that goes away when you next take
a class (rather like the bonuses caused by clothes.)

To change your base skill (so it WON'T reset when you take classes,
use the variable name followed by an underscore. For example:
composure_ = 50
public_speaking_ = 65

Most skill checks use the temporary values, NOT the permanent values.
Note that changing the permanent value will not affect the temporary
value until after you next take a class.

Special note: Voice is controlled using the voice_skill and voice_skill_
variables, because the name 'voice' is reserved by the engine.

If you want to change the amount of money you have:
lassi=9001

To change your outfit, set the current_outfit variable. For example,
current_outfit='royal_demeanour' # Note the British spelling.
will put on the Royal Demeanor bonus outfit.

If you want to add an outfit to your wardrobe:
unlocked_outfits.add('Conversation')
will add the bonus outfit for the Conversation skill group. unlocked_outfits
expects the name to be exactly as it's displayed in the class list.

The full list of outfits is:
royal_demeanour, conversation, art, agility, weapons, athletics, animals,
history, intrigue, medicine, economics, military, faith, lumen

marilhama16

#2 Postby marilhama16 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Thats great! Thank you hanako, but somehow this isn't working for me :(.

Ikaru

#3 Postby Ikaru » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 pm

They don't take effect until you have taken a class, any class. And then they all take effect.
I may be schizophrenic... but at least I have eachother.

I'm not random, you just can't think as fast as me.

Due to the current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

firegirl957

#4 Postby firegirl957 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:59 pm

For some reasons I can't seem to get the cheats for the outfits to work. I don't know what i'm doing wrong...

Spiky Caterpillar

#5 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm

What error message do you get trying to use the outfit cheats? What exactly are you typing in?

Rhidian

#6 Postby Rhidian » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:14 am

I go away for a few months, and come back to find that the codes can be posted publicly :D Shame to see that my legacy hasn't lived on though... my Big Lists are most likely outdated, and my cursory glance over the forums indicates no one else has really taken up the work.

That said, when you say "the codes", do you mean all codes? Or just the ones you posted in the first post here? I still have that list of every debugger function (ie codes) that were there a few months ago.

Hrm... after updating, I don't seem to have access to the Debugger Console anymore. Has it been removed in 1.1, or is it simply invisible until you beat one playthrough on 1.1 first?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:33 am

It got moved to a slightly different location. It's not gone though, just on a different screen. Look on the Video Settings screen?

You can paste your codes as well now if you want. :) I can't recall if there was anything in there that looked particularly problematic. I'd have to discourage pasting anything too game-breaky (there are all sorts of ways to crash the game from the debugger if you're trying!) Just put it in white and we can trim anything that looks likely to cause explosions?

Rhidian

#8 Postby Rhidian » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:00 am

Given that you already have the most-useful-for-an-average-player codes covered, I was thinking of the codes that might be of interest to someone like me (ie wanting to explore the depths of the console).

Something possibly fun to play around with:
moodbubble(str('Long Live the Queen'))

Always include the single quotes for Strings; numbers and stuff are fine *only* if they are within the str() block... if you just had moodbubble(5) or some other number then LLTQ will crash

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Postby hanako » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:04 am

Rhidian wrote:Given that you already have the most-useful-for-an-average-player codes covered, I was thinking of the codes that might be of interest to someone like me (ie wanting to explore the depths of the console).

Yeah *that's* the sort of stuff not best pasted here, for a couple of reasons. Anyone who actually understands that can find it without it being pasted, and almost anyone looking at that without understanding it is going to create a disaster. :)

I was just figuring you wanted to post the codes for modifying the hidden stats :P

Rhidian

#10 Postby Rhidian » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 am

Fair enough. The remaining code in that last post should allow the sufficiently interested to discover the gateway codes, since it is basically what I used.

Let's see... looking at my old PM's, here's a few codes that I passed out a while back that aren't included in the first post of this topic:

To change the skill bonus you have for learning stuff each week (replace stuff in parenthesis with the appropriate name/number):
(skill group)_bonus = (number)

To change your mood values, use the following format:
(mood) = (number from -5 to 5)
With (mood) being one of the following-
anger
cheerfulness
willful
crowded

anger = -5 will make Elodie Afraid (the opposite end of the spectrum from Angry)

To instantly change your mood after changing the mood values:
determine_mood()

To update your skill bonuses from an updated mood:
update_bonuses()

Looking over the code list for v1.1, I notice some things that I haven't seen before...

Seems that changing moods is more streamlined, if you use the following function:
inc_(mood type)()

For example:
inc_angry() will increase your anger by 1, and will instantly update your mood/bonuses if appropriate (you may need to reload mood screen to see a visible change though)

Likewise, inc_afraid() will increase your Afraid mood by 1 (or conversely, decreasing the anger variable by 1)

Looking over the list, one function that seems like it might be useful is
neutralize_mood()
Which apparently takes an Integer as an argument... but I'm not exactly sure what it does. Nothing visible happens when I tried it out.

Rhidian

#11 Postby Rhidian » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:26 pm

hanako wrote:I was just figuring you wanted to post the codes for modifying the hidden stats :P

Speaking of Hidden Stats:

commoner_approval
noble_approval
cruelty
lassi

Cruelty normally goes 0-10

I think there is some stuff that affects army strength as well, but I'm not completely confident about them yet since I'm just browsing over the stuff in Week 0 (where there is no army).

VeraKeisey

#12 Postby VeraKeisey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:06 am

8) Cool, but i can not see it clearly, CUZ the white colour.

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Postby hanako » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 am

That's the point. To make it so people have to go to at least the effort of highlighting the text instead of just automatically cheating the minute they start playing the game. :)

Spiky Caterpillar

#14 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:46 am

Rhidian wrote:Looking over the list, one function that seems like it might be useful is
neutralize_mood()
Which apparently takes an Integer as an argument... but I'm not exactly sure what it does. Nothing visible happens when I tried it out.

neutralize_mood(mood,amt=1) doesn't change the current mood value, it just returns mood neutralized by amt.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Debug Codes

#15 Postby hanako » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:04 am

(Nothing to see here, I just noticed the new forum version had a 'bump topic' option and wanted to bring this topic up because people were asking about the codes again. But since that made it look like Spiky had said something, I then posted this instead.)

Return to “Long Live The Queen”