Romance?

Rule the world - or die trying!
krisslanza

Romance?

#1 Post by krisslanza » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I only played the demo to be honest, and while I may not WANT to see the poor girl die, it seems that's just the way this game is but... how is this game romance-wise?

I know Hanako Games tend to have a yuri option or two, but I'm not too sure for this one, and I can't find much from skimming the forums (without looking into them all and possibly getting spoiled).

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm

There is a yuri option or two technically, but this game is really not about romance. Elodie's love life is just a footnote, and she may end up exchanging only four words - or none at all - with whoever she ends up with.

(I'll let others give more explanation if they wish.)

krisslanza

#3 Post by krisslanza » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:26 pm

hanako wrote:There is a yuri option or two technically, but this game is really not about romance. Elodie's love life is just a footnote, and she may end up exchanging only four words - or none at all - with whoever she ends up with.

The game is really more about Elodie's horrible, horrible deaths, right? :P

Ramidel

#4 Post by Ramidel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:21 pm

krisslanza wrote:
hanako wrote:There is a yuri option or two technically, but this game is really not about romance. Elodie's love life is just a footnote, and she may end up exchanging only four words - or none at all - with whoever she ends up with.

The game is really more about Elodie's horrible, horrible deaths, right? :P
Yup!

Ironically, the yuri options have the distinction of being inherently romantic, since the marriages are usually arranged for political reasons.

Anyway, if you want a beautiful lady to plant lilies with, just remember that while homosexuality is fairly accepted in Nova, openly romancing another woman would be quite scandalous. (This is a hint, not a warning.)