Deaths Checklist

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Deaths Checklist

#1 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:47 am

A topic for people to discuss how to unlock all the various death graphics available in versions 1.1 and later.

To see the list, first update your game to 1.1 and then from the main menu, go to Checklist, then Deaths.

Oki

#2 Post by Oki » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Got all except cracked open your skull, had your life drained, and blown myself up. Have an idea about the last two but no idea about the first.
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Know anyone who's tried to kill you with a blunt weapon?

Oki

#4 Post by Oki » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Dammit, don't tell me it's my favorite husband in the polearms option.

IT WAS MY FAVORITE HUSBAND IN THE POLEARMS OPTION

Now to shoot for blow myself up....I assume I need to have pretty terrible wield magic in an important battle?
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Ladymakaze

#5 Post by Ladymakaze » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am

Got myself blown up after a few tries. I have to admit, getting that death was tricky as hell, but pretty cool in the end!

Absolutely love the death chibis. XD They're all freaking hilarious.

Mint.Locust

#6 Post by Mint.Locust » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

The chibis are adorably gruesome ^_^ Got almost all of them, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make Elodie blow herself up. I've been botching every wield magic check I can find, but so far no luck. Any hints?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 am

Lumen Conjunction gone wrong. :)

Sachiko

#8 Post by Sachiko » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Oh, god... Really?

During that particular scene...?

I have to try it right now! XD
Vice corrects better than virtue. Suffer a vicious person and you will fear vice. Suffer a virtuous one and you will hate virtue itself - Tony Duvert.

Mint.Locust

#9 Post by Mint.Locust » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am

...I still can't do it XD

I'm assuming that the more lumens you have for the conjunction, the more likely it is to result in an explosion. I've tried keeping my wield and resist magic scores as low as I can while still being able to find other lumens, but I never go boom. Even tried it with Elodie's "Willful/Yielding" meter at rock bottom, to see if lacking willpower would make things go horribly wrong. But Elodie's still alive and well :(

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:26 am

No, having more lumens makes it more likely NOT to explode, because you can balance the power out better (and they're all more experienced). You want only three of you, and for Elodie's skills to suck.

Mint.Locust

#11 Post by Mint.Locust » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks! I finally got it, and I think that chibi may be the most adorable of them all ^_^

Wabbit

#12 Post by Wabbit » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Doesn't having Lucille kill you at the ball count as having your life drained, or am I missing something? :/

<Edit>
I've gotten all of the chibis except the ones where Elodie blows herself up, gets drained of energy, and watches her blood run dry.
I'm fairly sure of how get the first, and I think I might have an idea regarding the second. Does getting drained of energy involve Lucille killing Elodie towards the end when Charlotte is chosen as a sacrifice for the Kraken?
Alas, I've got absolutely no idea regarding the last one. The duels with Kevan and Banion as well as the assassination attempt at the parade all lead to the ending where Elodie gets stabbed. :s

Help? D:

<Edit#2>
So my suspicions were on the mark. I got another chance to play the game today and it turned out that the entity that drains Elodie of her magic/power was Lucille (when Charlotte is picked as sacrifice to the Kraken).
And if anyone was puzzling over the ending where Elodie's blood runs dry, I accidentally got it when I wanted to see what the outcome would've been if Elodie rejected Togami's offer.

This game is the best. I just love those chibis. c:

Mystic Cake

#13 Post by Mystic Cake » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 am

How do you get the 'had your life drained' death? I got to the part with the kraken and Elodie knew that Charlotte was a Lumen, but she just said 'I can't sacrifice my favorite cousin' or something like that so I could only sacrifice myself or seal it like normal.

Is there any certain way to get Charlotte chosen that I'm missing? Is there some way to get Elodie to hate Charlotte or something that I'm missing?

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 am

To be willing to sacrifice Charlotte you either need to make your Elodie a very evil little girl (high Cruelty) or have evidence that your aunt is trying to kill you.

Mystic Cake

#15 Post by Mystic Cake » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:23 am

Ohhhhhh ok, that clears things up, I was thinking Elodie had to hate just Charlotte to do it and I couldn't figure out how to do that, but that makes much more sense.

Thank you very much.

EDIT- I finally had a chance to playthrough today and I got the 'had your life drained' death, though I had to try twice since I accidentally killed Lucille the first time, and I imagine it's pretty hard -even for Lumens- to kill someone when they're already dead... whoops...