Complete Walkthrough

Rule the world - or die trying!
emilywake

Complete Walkthrough

#1 Post by emilywake » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Is there a complete walkthrough for Long Live the Queen? Because the farthest I've gotten is to the tournament and I've been asked to have a one on one duel. I die if I fight and I die if I don't fight. Help, please.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Someone has posted one winning path on livejournal, but while just following that will get you to the coronation, it won't actually explain how to get past any obstacle or help you beat the game properly.

You might also find this player-made wiki helpful (but there will be spoilers!) There's an entry for the week of the tournamentwhich explains a few of the options that people have worked out so far... but it's not complete, it's missing a lot of the options.

There are a HUGE list of ways to get past the duel at the tournament. For one, you could choose not to attend the tournament and therefore the guy trying to duel you won't be able to find you to challenge you. For another, you could do things differently earlier so that he doesn't have any reason to challenge you. You could study fighting enough to be able to win the duel. You could study the skills necessary to protect yourself if you refuse to duel - there's multiple different ways to do that.

But it depends on your skills. It's completely possible to win the duel, but not if you haven't studied weapons.

Franka

#3 Post by Franka » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 pm

The wiki has been vastly improved over the past couple of weeks, thanks to the efforts of a few dedicated people.

I'm not going to claim that it covers everything (there's a lot of mood modifiers especially that are tricky), but it should help you find a lot of obscure events. All skill checks have been tested in debug mode and should be good.

Do note that it is spoilerific, though that has been toned down somewhat as well.

Anybody wishing to clean it up and do some crosslinking is more than welcome, I am not tech savvy so I leave that to others.

If you know of or come across any skill checks, choices or scenes not yet covered, do let us know if you don't feel confident adding them yourself. The more info you give, the better, in case we need to replicate the circumstances.