Patch 1.0.11

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Patch 1.0.11

#1 Post by hanako » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Currently in testing is a patch with some new content options, including the ability to marry Banion as an end choice even without Brin being involved, the ability to select Kevan as a potential groom option, and the ability to use magic against Kevan at the tournament.

Please let us know if you run into any bugs.
Last edited by hanako on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

perch

#2 Post by perch » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:28 pm

I can't get the patch to download. When I try it just loops me into another version of the game. I'm on Windows 7 so I presume it's to do with my silly OS.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

yeah, w7 has been driving us crazy a bit. What version of the game does it say you currently have installed?

perch

#4 Post by perch » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:40 pm

1.0.7.1 for me. I've come to accept that Windows is determined to be as annoying as possible when it comes to my desires to play indie games.

Yuri-chi

#5 Post by Yuri-chi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:22 pm

I have Windows 7, too. It takes a little playing around to get it to update.

After clicking update and it saying 'about to run' or whatever, I just pressed the spacebar and tried to let it do it's thing. A bunch of shit came up, and the game restarted. However, at the point, it still won't be updated. Don't close any of the windows that came up (Black C: command things and such) and go try to update again, in the restarted game. This time it should start actually updating.
Hope it works for you. = 7 =

Anyways. I liked having the option of choosing Keven to marry. c: The whole secret thing was more blunt this time, lol. But I'm glad things worked out for them.
Are you going to add even more marriage choices in the future? Elodie does have A LOT of potential candidates to choose from.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if I should spell the whole secret thing out bluntly like that for people who DON'T GET IT or if I should dial that back and keep it a little more subtle, but I figure nobody would pick that at the end of all his turmoil unless they were curious.

There should be two other ways that choosing Kevan can turn out if you *didn't* unravel the secret, too.
Are you going to add even more marriage choices in the future?
I'm not sure - are there particular other people that folks want added? Since it's all text I can throw in pretty much anybody without that much trouble. :)

perch

#7 Post by perch » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 am

@Yuri-chi Thanks for the tip. I didn't press space, but I left it alone and ran the update from the new launch like you suggested and it updated perfectly. Thank you!

Sachiko

#8 Post by Sachiko » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 am

I wasn't sure if I have to make a new topic or post a reply in the thread pertaining the current version in order to make this report, but well, Hanako-sensei asked us to report any bugs we found! I'll try not to be spoileriffic when explaining it.

After pissing off... Well, someone, he does something that angers Elodie at a very specific and important event. As a result, Elodie shouts 'Off with his head!' but then this someone tries to convince everyone that she is not adequate for ruling because she just makes rushed decisions. Elodie manages to win back the crowd, and the guards take the someone to be hanged, drawn and quartered for being a terrible, terrible person.

The fun thing is, this should have gotten me a mark in the checklist... Or at least, I think it should have... But it didn't! Even funnier is that this someone somehow manages to come back from the dead to become one possible marriage choice for Elodie!
Vice corrects better than virtue. Suffer a vicious person and you will fear vice. Suffer a virtuous one and you will hate virtue itself - Tony Duvert.

Kirroha

#9 Post by Kirroha » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 am

Sachiko wrote:I wasn't sure if I have to make a new topic or post a reply in the thread pertaining the current version in order to make this report, but well, Hanako-sensei asked us to report any bugs we found! I'll try not to be spoileriffic when explaining it.

After pissing off... Well, someone, he does something that angers Elodie at a very specific and important event. As a result, Elodie shouts 'Off with his head!' but then this someone tries to convince everyone that she is not adequate for ruling because she just makes rushed decisions. Elodie manages to win back the crowd, and the guards take the someone to be hanged, drawn and quartered for being a terrible, terrible person.

The fun thing is, this should have gotten me a mark in the checklist... Or at least, I think it should have... But it didn't! Even funnier is that this someone somehow manages to come back from the dead to become one possible marriage choice for Elodie!
LOL

Sachiko

#10 Post by Sachiko » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 am

I... Am hilarious? Yay, I guess. c.c

Seriously, though, was my way of talking really that funny?
Vice corrects better than virtue. Suffer a vicious person and you will fear vice. Suffer a virtuous one and you will hate virtue itself - Tony Duvert.

Oki

#11 Post by Oki » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Bravo Hanako. Bravo.

For once I just didn't end up falling for the jerk. Surprising seeing my type huh? But Kevan? Well, if you don't get ONE OF THE TWO OTHER OPTIONS but wow

Kevan is my new favorite
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

Ramidel

#12 Post by Ramidel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:37 am

Sachiko wrote:The fun thing is, this should have gotten me a mark in the checklist... Or at least, I think it should have... But it didn't!
AFAIK, if it comes to a vote, you get the check. If you're strong enough to shut him down yourself, then the vote isn't called.
Sachiko wrote:Even funnier is that this someone somehow manages to come back from the dead to become one possible marriage choice for Elodie!
Huh.

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 am

Marrying zombie Banion will be fixed in an upcoming patch :)

Ramidel

#14 Post by Ramidel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:58 pm

On that note, is it just a trifle odd that Brin doesn't mind climbing into bed with the girl who ordered her brother executed?

Filial loyalty is overrated. :P