'Sense Magic' Check at the Ball?

Rule the world - or die trying!
RosesandAshes

'Sense Magic' Check at the Ball?

#1 Post by RosesandAshes » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi,

I managed to reach my coronation a few times now, but it seems like no matter what I do, I can't become a Lumen fast enough to be able to pass the "Sense Magic" check at the ball. I've tried raising Accounting and Presence, and taking "drastic action" but it seems like these things happen right before the ball, and I've had no time to dump points into Sense Magic!

Can I get a little help, please?

I love this game, BTW! I'm also playing Magical Diary to death and bothering my friend to play both.

Amphigorey

#2 Post by Amphigorey » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:54 pm

You don't need to raise accounting *and* presence, they're separate skill checks. I've managed to become a Lumen at around week 9 by getting accounting above 50 in the first couple weeks.
Last edited by Amphigorey on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Going straight for accounting from the beginning is the fastest way to boost Lumen. It still takes a few weeks (you can't get above 50 that fast!) but it is possible to not only become a Lumen but train Wield Magic fast enough to use your powers against Ixion, which is well before the gala.

cae

#4 Post by cae » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am

If I remember correctly, that check is pretty high -- in addition to being a little difficult to even begin achieving.

But if you can get it, it's pretty interesting!

Ikaru

#5 Post by Ikaru » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 am

No matter how hard I try, I cannot manage to get my crystal until the 6th week, which means I cannot talk to Julianna until the 7th week, and not start my Luman Magic skills until the 8th week, which means by the time all three are above 25 is week 11 when I meet the Ixions. How do I get weild magic high enough by then?!
I may be schizophrenic... but at least I have eachother.

I'm not random, you just can't think as fast as me.

Due to the current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Amphigorey

#6 Post by Amphigorey » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 am

Ikaru wrote:No matter how hard I try, I cannot manage to get my crystal until the 6th week, which means I cannot talk to Julianna until the 7th week, and not start my Luman Magic skills until the 8th week, which means by the time all three are above 25 is week 11 when I meet the Ixions. How do I get weild magic high enough by then?!
It's definitely possible to become a lumen at week 6, if you pour yourself into getting accounting above 50 in the first few weeks. Are you talking to Julianna more times than you have to?

Also, you don't need to get all three skills above 25; the wield check isn't that high.

Ikaru

#7 Post by Ikaru » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Um, getting my wield to 50 is not enough, so that means everything has to be above 25. At least as far as I saw. Maybe not quite 50. Will try again, thanks.

As for the by week six....I think I held off on talking to dad for a week because of what that does to my will which affects ability to get accounting high enough.

Due to the current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Amphigorey

#8 Post by Amphigorey » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 am

Ikaru wrote:Um, getting my wield to 50 is not enough, so that means everything has to be above 25. At least as far as I saw. Maybe not quite 50. Will try again, thanks.

As for the by week six....I think I held off on talking to dad for a week because of what that does to my will which affects ability to get accounting high enough.
(the following advice is assuming you're going for the bluff/intimidate-->use magic option at the Ixion negotiations. Just to make sure we're on the same page :) )

I got it without ever having to study the other two skills, but it does have to be pretty close to 50. However it is a combined wield/presence check, so maybe your presence isn't high enough? Otherwise I'd say keep trying to get wield magic as high as possible.

Also I tried becoming a lumen as fast as possible, and as long as you don't do something that boosts willful for the first weekend, I didn't have a problem with it shifting her mood into willful. So I'd say talk to dad as soon as possible so you have the most time to raise wield magic.

Ikaru

#9 Post by Ikaru » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 am

No presence, which may be the problem. So I'll try for that....need to be yeilding then though which causes problems with learning magic.....meh. Something to work on. XD

Ikaru

#10 Post by Ikaru » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:06 am

took 3 weeks to get trade and production over 25, took 3 weeks to get Accounting high enough to pass check, so week seven to take Lumen crystal to Julianna, and week 8 to learn Lumen.

Ikaru

#11 Post by Ikaru » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 am

Ok, managed to get Wield Magic at 50 and Presence at 20, and that was enough. Had to juggle her mood alot though. XD

cae

#12 Post by cae » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 am

Being able to quickly change her mood is the key to success when trying to meet the timing in skill checks (without cheating like a loser, like I did ;P)

Ikaru

#13 Post by Ikaru » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Ooh....is there a way to cheat with the stats? I've played through to get all the checklist finished (although I had to use a walk through for some of them.....over half I could get on my own though.) but it would be nice to play through and win all the skill checks. XD Like a Boss.

cae

#14 Post by cae » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm

There is a cheat code request thread, if you request the cheats and your forum e-mail is the same as the e-mail you bought the game (or you provide Hanako with the license by PM if she asks for it) then Hanako will send you the cheats, and how to use them. =p