How much sad is the game?

Rule the world - or die trying!
Flyinmagma

How much sad is the game?

#1 Post by Flyinmagma » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I've seen LPs of LLtQ on Youtube by ChrisTenarium and I was wondering if the game's mood is only sad at the beginning and then it changes depending on what you do? For example she seemed a bit more happy after the parade, while if he botched something up, she wasn't very cheerful (in the text).

Also, does the music while choosing what you're gonna study ever change or does it stay the same? It is kinda melancholic and I'm looking for more cheery stuff, I loved MD!

I know I could try the demo but I'd probably really like it and buy it right away (like with Cute Knight Deluxe), but if it's sad most of the time like it looks like, then it's not something I'd like to play right now.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

I wouldn't say the game is sad all the time, but if you've been watching that LP through part 7 you should probably have gotten to the warning that Elodie will suffer (and die) a lot. :)

'Cheerful' is one of the available moods, after all - she can become happy. And yes, when events are going well she's much more chipper. (Or if you turn her evil, she can be gleeful about being bad.) But a lot of bad things can and will happen, so if you're feeling like you want to avoid melancholy stuff, you might want to sit on this game until a later time.

Morgan_R

#3 Post by Morgan_R » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 pm

I didn't find it to be too sad... yeah, bad things happen sometimes, but generally they're happening to you, so I didn't get that empathy-by-proxy effect. And it's very much a game, which at least for me tends to diminish the emotional effects of the narrative -- I'm too busy reloading my last save to be sad that Elodie died again. ;)

Flyinmagma

#4 Post by Flyinmagma » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

I've only watched it up to part 5 so far, have to catch up soon - but I'm probably gonna not watch the whole LP so I won't see many spoilers.

Thanks! In that case I'll probably wait a bit, I still have to finish all the routes and possibilities for MD anyway (Have to get all the Steam achievements :D).