Should I get this game?

Rule the world - or die trying!
Serenity_Hotaru

Should I get this game?

#1 Post by Serenity_Hotaru » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 am

I was thinking of buying the game but I'm hesitating. I've played the demo and it seems interesting but I'd like another opinion or two on it before I pay $20 on something that I'll might end up not liking.

So... Can you, the people who have bought the game and do enjoy it, convince me to buy it also?

Edit: I've bought the game. :)
Last edited by Serenity_Hotaru on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Annoying the community with useless information and questions since Day 1 of my membership.

FantasyFan

#2 Post by FantasyFan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 am

Whether or not you'll enjoy this game depends on what kind of player you are.

Given that you die over and over and over and you'll most likely have to replay the game several times before you finally live to see coronation, you might want to think twice before buying it if you're the type who's easily frustrated.

If you're a player who likes a huge challenge and is interested in political matters, then the game's for you. If you don't like being frustrated and don't like having to start the game over and over and over, then I don't recommend it.

Morgan_R

#3 Post by Morgan_R » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 am

I don't know, I wouldn't say I'm a fan of frustrating games, and I definitely consider LLTQ to be money well spent. If you approach it with the understanding that you are going to die the first few (dozen? :lol:) times, and consider losing to be 'part of the game,' I don't think it's frustrating. Saving often is definitely a good plan -- I didn't ever start over from the beginning on my first play-through.

That said, I think I'm starting over for the... fifth? time now, trying to hit a certain story point. So, add 'good replay value' to the 'pro' column. :D

Entertainer13

#4 Post by Entertainer13 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:36 am

I highly recommend it. I've already spent 10 hours and haven't found everything. GET IT!!

Nyarlor

#5 Post by Nyarlor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 pm

I wouldn't say that it is frustrating (as in unfair). More challenging (as in fair). That's quite a difference. I get easily discouraged by frustrating games (like Ghouls & Ghosts), while challenging ones (like Demon's Souls) are encouraging.

I just got the game today and did relatively well in my first playthrough. But finally, I met a dead end. A very literal one. My second attempt was a disaster. But that didn't put me off. There is a lot of trial and error in the game, especially when you play it for the first time, since you don't know what will happen (aside from "people are trying to kill you", which is pretty vague). But if you learn from your mistakes, I think you'll be fine.

Blue Rose

#6 Post by Blue Rose » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Of course, if you're going onto an indie game's developer's own forum/community, the heart of their fandom, for opinions, I do believe you've already made your decision.

Do it! Submit!

Alfilaria

#7 Post by Alfilaria » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:57 am

If you've played and liked other games from Hanako, you're sure to enjoy the characters and setting of LLTQ ^_^ If not, you might try Magical Diary first, which is a lot more forgiving than this title ^^ Others have described the intentional difficulty of surviving to the coronation, but if you make a new save each week, this will make it easier to go back to whatever point you made a fatal mistake XD And definitely plan on playing this a dozen times or so; there are SO many different subplots and variants on scenes, you'll only see a small fraction of what the game has to offer during your first successful playthrough ^_^ I highly recommend it.