Favorite Pairings for Elodie (endgame spoilers)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Ariel Schnee

Re: Favorite Pairings for Elodie (endgame spoilers)

#31 Postby Ariel Schnee » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:52 pm

In-game : Elodie/Brin, Elodie/Briony, Elodie/Charlotte.

Out-game : Elodie/me, Elodie/Daniel Jackson, Elodie/Hikaru Shidou, Elodie/Luna Lovegood, Elodie/Janet(from Date Warp), Elodie/Usagi Tsukino, Elodie/Samantha Carter, Elodie/Belle(Disney's Beauty and the Beast), Elodie/Hayate Yagami(Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series), Elodie/The Doctor, Elodie/Princess Ariel(the Little Mermaid), Elodie/Jim Kirk(classic Tos Series), Elodie/Heather Hartley(Vampire Cheerleaders webcomic).
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

plutokiss

#32 Postby plutokiss » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:16 am

This may sound a little weird, but so far I think my favorite ending was with Anciet. I tried it just for fun and it was surprisingly sweet. Plus it seems like a really great way to snub Banion (to be fair, I haven't tried going for Brin yet).

I also like Elodie and Linley. They seem to make a pretty sweet couple.

I married Talarist on my first go, accepting the necklace and thinking I might be able to make some use out of it. Then I decided to make Brin marry an Ixionite, so.. no. Their epilogue was good though (I was definitely happy with it). My favorite Tlarist ending is if you don't wear the necklace but still chose to marry him in the end. Just don't make him the Duke of Elath, whatever you do. That ending is terrible (hence my ambivalence about Talarist).

Gamer

#33 Postby Gamer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:11 am

I think it would be great if Elodie could force Armand into marriage. Incestuous but great. We don't really get to see much of Armand but I found it funny that like the other nobles, he thinks you're nuts. He's uncomfortable dancing with Elodie at the ball and also not so eager to see you if you had your entire family killed.

Hazel

#34 Postby Hazel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:14 am

I didn't realize you could make the Anciet marriage pan out. I've selected him once or twice on a whim, but nothing came of it. Some of the game logic behind the marriage epilogues is obscure to me.

JackMackerel

#35 Postby JackMackerel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:41 pm

I kind of wanted Briony and Charlotte to serve as the Queen's handmaidens. :(

plutokiss

#36 Postby plutokiss » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 am

Hazel wrote:I didn't realize you could make the Anciet marriage pan out. I've selected him once or twice on a whim, but nothing came of it. Some of the game logic behind the marriage epilogues is obscure to me.

The only time the Anciet marriage didn't pan out for me was when I executed both his aunt and uncle. I was trying to ensure he'd inherit a duchy, but I guess it was just disturbing enough for him to be all, "No."

EDIT: Scratch that, I made Brin a commoner. Pretty sure you'll get the same results if you have her killed though.

JackMackerel

#37 Postby JackMackerel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 am

I'm more surprised Brin humped Julianna (and Julianna broke up with her for being too kinky) and most likely humped Lucille...

Mmeaninglessnamee

#38 Postby Mmeaninglessnamee » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:16 pm

"Dream" pairing - The squid (this goes somewhere, please hear me out)

I choose to interpret the letter to Elodie about the squid to actually be a marriage proposal from an actual sentient squid, let's say he'd the prince of the squid kingdom or something.
Anyway, many marriages are for political alliances, as this one would be. If you pass some sort of obscure skill check and interpret the letter correctly (swimming + lore + ciphering and retrieving the letter from the roof so you can actually look it over better) you would be allied with the Kraken who would repel the naval invasion for you.

My favorite actual pairing is... eh, I'm not sure. I haven't got all of them.

Trimead

#39 Postby Trimead » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Briony/Brin because i can.

Gamer

#40 Postby Gamer » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:58 am

Hey, I just noticed this after playing the game again after several months: after I've had Elodie kill off Brin, then kill the assassin Banion sends after her, and have high enough ciphering skill to determine the assassin came from Maree (though I had Elodie choose to ignore Banion at the ball), I was still able to marry Banion at the end of the game -although Elodie said marrying Banion was probably 'unlikely' due to their previous interactions. The end story even mentions that Banion eagerly accepted her proposal and tried to present himself in the best possible romantic light, and while they did have power play struggles after, it makes no mention of the fact that Elodie had his sister killed and Banion also tried to have her killed in return. While I do believe Banion is power-hungry enough to would want to marry Elodie anyway, I would think their marriage should have more turbulence.

hanako
Site Admin

#41 Postby hanako » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:06 am

That's probably a bug, I should look at it.

Ariel Schnee

#42 Postby Ariel Schnee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 pm

I would really like to see an Elodie/Charlotte pairing, they would be so cute together!^_^
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Mir

#43 Postby Mir » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Mmeaninglessnamee wrote:"Dream" pairing - The squid (this goes somewhere, please hear me out)

I choose to interpret the letter to Elodie about the squid to actually be a marriage proposal from an actual sentient squid, let's say he'd the prince of the squid kingdom or something.
Anyway, many marriages are for political alliances, as this one would be. If you pass some sort of obscure skill check and interpret the letter correctly (swimming + lore + ciphering and retrieving the letter from the roof so you can actually look it over better) you would be allied with the Kraken who would repel the naval invasion for you.
That's magnificent. I ship it.

My personal favorite pairings for Elodie would be with Briony and Talarist (as a mostly healthy and happy political marriage in that one ending and varying degrees of...less so in others). I also like pairing Elodie with Adair (best friend marriage), Evrard, Ignatius, the Earl of Pastries, Sabine (I know, I know ;_;), Linley, and maybe Chaine or Signuel. The nameless foreign duke isn't too bad, either, because I mean sometimes having an amicable relationship where the partners respect each other is really all you can ask for in a royal marriage. I have mixed feelings on Kevan, but a friend has warmed me up to it and it's certainly better than leaving him with family, even if the extent of his devotion to Elodie isn't healthy. I'd probably have Elodie pursue Bennett if he were an option because I like Bennett, but that would mean breaking him up with Lieke and why would I want to do that?

Darksilverhawk

#44 Postby Darksilverhawk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Awwww, now I'm just imagining the poor, heartbroken squid prince, heartlessly turned down by Elodie before they could even properly meet, curled up on the seafloor sobbing into a box of chocolates. His best friend, the Kraken, slowly places one tentacle on his shoulder to comfort him before slowly turning towards Nova, fury in his eyes.

Mir

#45 Postby Mir » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Alas, poor Squid Prince. But then Charlotte is sent down and they meet, fall in love, and live happily ever after, and his friend's happiness is enough to calm the Kraken.

The people of Nova might not have hated Elodie so much if they had known that was what happened to the queen's favorite cousin. :p Or maybe not, since the intention was still to make a blood sacrifice.

Return to “Long Live The Queen”