Lucille (spoilers ahoy)

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

#16 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:43 pm

If you give Lucille something she wants then she stops bearing such a grudge against you, so it won't happen in those cases. (Being a minister isn't the only thing she wants.)

Otherwise, if Arisse is acting as Elodie's advisor she may chase Lucille off, or if you have enough medical knowledge you may be able to fend off her attempt to make you barren iirc.

Kirroha

#17 Post by Kirroha » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:17 pm

hanako wrote:If you give Lucille something she wants then she stops bearing such a grudge against you, so it won't happen in those cases. (Being a minister isn't the only thing she wants.)

Otherwise, if Arisse is acting as Elodie's advisor she may chase Lucille off, or if you have enough medical knowledge you may be able to fend off her attempt to make you barren iirc.
Can you tell me the ways to prevent Elodie from becoming barren, as well as the ways to give Lucille what she wants? :D So far I mostly just do the spy thing, occasionally I kill her at the gala, or recruit her, so I haven't gotten to know much about it.

Oki

#18 Post by Oki » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Kirroha wrote:
hanako wrote:If you give Lucille something she wants then she stops bearing such a grudge against you, so it won't happen in those cases. (Being a minister isn't the only thing she wants.)

Can you tell me the ways to prevent Elodie from becoming barren, as well as the ways to give Lucille what she wants? :D So far I mostly just do the spy thing, occasionally I kill her at the gala, or recruit her, so I haven't gotten to know much about it.
Upon further observation I think it's giving her the lumen crystal you get from the guy who murdered his wife if you beat him. Really I never got to be barren...disappoint.
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Post by hanako » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Lucille will intentionally stop hassling you if you make her your minister OR if you make her Duchess of Merva for real. If you read Novan History 70 / Internal Affairs 20, this is something she's wanted all along but could only manage to sort-of get through her husband. This can happen if your dad dies and you have to frantically reassign dukes to cover all your territories, if you have that piece of Internal Affairs information in order to think of it.

But in general she's not suicidal and will also back down if it looks like it's too dangerous to continue. IIRC the poisoning only happens if the King Dowager dies and Lucille comes to the castle to 'comfort' you, and then is not chased away by Arisse or placated by the above.

Although I misremembered. If you have high enough Herbs you figure out that you've been poisoned but too late to do any good.

Kirroha

#20 Post by Kirroha » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Ah, I see. But making her Duchess of Merva can only happen in the endgame, right? Since your dad can only die near the end of the game.

Mint.Locust

#21 Post by Mint.Locust » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm

hanako wrote:Lucille will intentionally stop hassling you if you make her your minister OR if you make her Duchess of Merva for real. If you read Novan History 70 / Internal Affairs 20, this is something she's wanted all along but could only manage to sort-of get through her husband. This can happen if your dad dies and you have to frantically reassign dukes to cover all your territories, if you have that piece of Internal Affairs information in order to think of it.
Hmm...I've been trying for this one for ages, but even with completely maxed out history and intrigue, Elodie always just winds up leaving the position open. Do any other nobles need to die for the shuffle to occur?

Hazel

#22 Post by Hazel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Is it just Merva she's interested in? Because if you get rid of both Brin and Banion successively, it's never mentioned who inherits the second duchy.

hanako
Site Admin

#23 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Hazel wrote:Is it just Merva she's interested in?
She wants her 'rightful' land in particular.
Because if you get rid of both Brin and Banion successively, it's never mentioned who inherits the second duchy.
Bennett has a son. Whose name is mentioned, although not in that context (she says, taunting you to pick through all the family trees and remember who's related to whom). Technically said son would get the second duchy dumped on him unless the crown interfered, so I left it at that.

Hazel

#24 Post by Hazel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Oh! Oh! I know! It's Anciet, isn't it? I don't want to talk about how long I spent on the wiki character pages. Or how long it took me to make sense of Arisse's family tree.

Ramidel

#25 Post by Ramidel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Incidentally, if Bennett is holding a double-duchy, I wonder why "the situation in Hellas and Maree is less clear" in times of civil war?

hanako
Site Admin

#26 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 pm

The situation there is *always* reported as "less clear" in the civil war, just to save time - a heck of a lot of things could possibly have happened there, none of which are really directly relevant to the civil war's outcome. One could easily invent hypotheses as for why one or both of them might be with you or against you, or why the common people or soldiers in those districts might be more or less in favor of you than the actual nobility. It's intentionally ambiguous to let the player decide how confident they feel.

Hellas and Maree will never officially join the rebel side. Consider the geographical position and their lack of close ties to Arisse. The closest it gets is maybe through Lieke, if Bennett has power and Gwenelle sides with the rebels, and that's still stretching it, considering that they were quarrelling with each other shortly before the civil war breaks out.

They're not actually a variable factor in that fight.

Ramidel

#27 Post by Ramidel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Ah. So you can't help your cause in the civil war by securing the loyalty of the South, then (more precisely, it's already loyal, for a given definition of "loyal"). That makes sense.

Hazel

#28 Post by Hazel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Hellas and Maree really have nothing to gain if Arisse gains more power, she is already quite powerful enough to be a threat to them, politically speaking. That's one possible motivation.

Darksilverhawk

#29 Post by Darksilverhawk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Mint.Locust wrote: Hmm...I've been trying for this one for ages, but even with completely maxed out history and intrigue, Elodie always just winds up leaving the position open. Do any other nobles need to die for the shuffle to occur?
I'm wondering this too. I've removed every noble I can and have both relevant stats maxed out, but I never get the option to give her a new title, in game or in the epilogue.

hanako
Site Admin

#30 Post by hanako » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

It's supposed to happen in the epilogue if Joslyn dies against Togami, but both Laurent and Lucille are still alive and in power (so you didn't accuse either of them of treason) and you have enough Internal Affairs. Then Elodie makes Laurent the new Duke of Caloris and Lucille the Duchess of Merva. Not sure if I've personally checked it though.