Queen's Future Diary

Rule the world - or die trying!
Eclairielle

Queen's Future Diary

#1 Post by Eclairielle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am

I'd like to thank Hanako Games for producing a brilliant game, I'll buy more games once I get my credit card back from my father (it's actually his credit card.. I'm borrowing it ;D), and I wanna draw lots of fanart for Elodie-nyaan~ I'm also fan of Cute knight (mainly due to the main characters pink hair <3)

This game is so fun, addicting and hard all at the same time XD
I keep on dying.. Anybody got tips on what important skills to build up to survive longer than the gala/ball? and the bandit attack without choosing not to go? Managing moods is hard as well... any suggestions? I want to take advantages of the bonuses caused by moods. :D

I also made something like this *contains a little spoiler for week 5*:

I think I must be crazy to make something like that, I even called it Queen's future diary XD But I really need to plan ahead.. and it's really impossible for me to pass all the skill checks (Is that even possible? without cheating of course).

Anyway, I'm using this planner to plan ahead, remind me what mood she's on, and also marking what level are her other moods (I haven't applied it yet in the screenshot, and yes, I know there's a penalty for Royal Demeanor if she's depressed XD), reminding me what penalties/bonuses are for certain classes. Planning to improve on it, once I know how to use the computing function in excel, but that's highly impossible for now (I'm an excel newb) plus I can't get pass that bandit attack lol. Any help would be appreciated :D

*I think I should also make a current Stat chart. >:3

Rhidian

#2 Post by Rhidian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:50 pm

If you play nice with folks (with a generous helping of social skills), it's possible to prevent assassination attempts from occurring.

As for managing moods, I've made a small program that can help list which series of events lead to a given mood, but the problem with it is that there are mood changes caused by your choices in a given event, which is hard to account for.

Planning ahead has always been the goal of my Big List of Skill Checks (at least retroactively). There's a lot more that could be done, but it's more difficult when future events depend on previous ones.

Eclairielle

#3 Post by Eclairielle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I'll check those list out :)

Yeah, moods are a bit hard to manage for me, and also there are may factors affecting the score given in each skill. But I'd still like to see the program you are making :3

Alfilaria

#4 Post by Alfilaria » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:01 am

Here're some hints: try to keep your emotions as close to neutral as possible XD That way you can easily get the mood for the skills you want in just a week or two, instead of having to spend weeks on end lowering one emotion and building another XD And remember that the mood on the left will take priority, so that if Elodie has +1 angry and +1 cheerful, her mood will be Angry instead of Cheerful. Don't forget your costumes, too; they give you a ten point bonus in all of the associated skills, and you get them by gaining 25 points in each of the category's skills. But that's not to say that it's a good idea to be a jack-of-all-trades, because quite the opposite is true. Being REALLY good at a few things will get you way farther than knowing a little bit about everything :D Good luck and have fun!