LLTQ Wiki

Rule the world - or die trying!
Rhidian

LLTQ Wiki

#1 Post by Rhidian » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 pm

It seems someone has finally started a wiki for LLTQ, located here:
http://longlivethequeen.wikia.com/wiki/ ... Queen_Wiki

I'm wanting to contribute useful stuff, but I'm not sure of the best way to present the information. Any ideas on how this wiki should be organized?

genz44

#2 Post by genz44 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Wow, didn't take long to spot that. I put it up, go to an air show, and come back to find the wiki had been discovered. :wink: At least this saves me the announcement post I was going to make tonight.

I was going for the basic design of the Academagia Wiki. I've been having alot of fun recently and thought I'd share some info with you all to make your sessions a bit easier.

Rhidian

#3 Post by Rhidian » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:18 pm

When it's on the internet, nothing is a secret 8)

I've tried adding some pages for weeks 1-3, but I seem to have a low decoration skill :(

Honestly, I'm not sure what to put into the wiki (or rather, how to put useful information)

genz44

#4 Post by genz44 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 am

I think you've made a good start! I was pondering what format to use for displaying the event skill checks, and I think you've got a good setup started. Just a little polish and we'll be good to go.

Only having the option name displayed with the skill check is exactly the way to go. Anything more and there'd be no point to playing. The smaller amount of spoilers we put the better. Speaking of which, we need to make sure spoilers are clearly marked in each category. I'd like to keep accidental spoilage from anyone just curious about the game to a minimum.

Rhidian

#5 Post by Rhidian » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:54 pm

The problem is with the later weeks. Though a lot of the events (and choices) are available no matter which path you take, there are quite a few options that require something happening beforehand. How should we show these?

mjm1215

#6 Post by mjm1215 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:46 pm

That's the problem I'm having with creating a spoiler-free walkthrough. It would just be confusing if I said you need Skill X here but only if (you did X earlier). I'll just keep adding to the big list of skill-checks thread for now. :)

Rhidian

#7 Post by Rhidian » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:17 pm

As a Wikia newbie, I have just discovered that Templates can be made to help standardize the input/output of various things.

After I familiarize myself with how the Template syntax/functions work, I'll hopefully come up with good things that everyone can use to contribute to the wiki 8)

genz44

#8 Post by genz44 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 am

Rhidian wrote:The problem is with the later weeks. Though a lot of the events (and choices) are available no matter which path you take, there are quite a few options that require something happening beforehand. How should we show these?
We borrow from good programming practices and use flags for the event list. If something happens in week 4 that branches out, we can put something like "flag=week4a". Later choices requiring that previous option to have been chosen can have "if flag=week4a" as a condition. A little primer at the beginning and I think anyone will be able to follow along easily.

Or we could just list the names of all choices available that week with no indication regarding prerequisites. That would allow for very vague spoiling, and people would still be able to look the choices they have available by week number.

Rhidian

#9 Post by Rhidian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

I don't think it's a good idea to make the Reader do more work than necessary (in this case, remembering which flags link to what events). Good programming practice is to make it as simple as possible for the end user.

As for how to go about this... I had an idea. Essentially, the plotline of LLTQ is comprised of the Main Plot (ie the events that *always* occur, no matter what choices you make), and the Subplots (the stuff that occurs depending on your choices, like the Checklist stuff).

The main page for the week could list the Main Plot stuff, and contain links to the Subplot events that might occur in that week. The sub plot pages could just list what choices/checks are made with no regard to listing the requirements. Though if it's possible, it would be good to put the requirements into some sort of spoiler block, so that people would know how to reach it.

Alfilaria

#10 Post by Alfilaria » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:54 am

I added an event checklist page and filled out what I knew, but I don't have them all yet XD Feel free to delete/edit/rewrite as necessary! (Yeah, I know that's what a wiki's for, but just in case anyone was worried about stepping on toes XD)