Ending Discrepancy **(Spoilers!)**

Rule the world - or die trying!
DensetsuVI

Ending Discrepancy **(Spoilers!)**

#1 Post by DensetsuVI » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:29 am

I took the route of sending Juliana away at the beginning of the game and refusing to take the lumen crystal when asked to get it. Then that silver-haired trouble-maker showed up, did his little number and took the crystal.

The issue was in the ending dialogue, it specifically said that I had turned down the crystal when offered after the service, which is very impossible. (I'm pretty sure he didn't send it back across the sea as a make-up gift for the things he did!) I found it very humorous, but a mistake nonetheless.
Last edited by DensetsuVI on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 am

Someone else asked about this earlier; it's a misreading of what happened. The dude did not take your mother's crystal, the one which is offered to you later. He took your father's crystal. Your father had one of his own the whole time.

If you've actually become a Lumen, this should be more obvious, since the color and design of the two crystals is totally different.

If you talk to Selene (or Julianna if she's still there) after what happens with your father, she should clear things up slightly.

DensetsuVI

#3 Post by DensetsuVI » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 am

Oh! Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a little odd that he had it on him, but I never thought about that. Haha that clears that up, I suppose!

chouette

#4 Post by chouette » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:32 am

hanako wrote:Someone else asked about this earlier; it's a misreading of what happened. The dude did not take your mother's crystal, the one which is offered to you later. He took your father's crystal. Your father had one of his own the whole time.
Wow, I TOTALLY missed this! Just when I thought I'd got my head around most of the characters, Elodie's father suddenly became a whole lot more interesting...

Actually, did he have a secret love-child, as seems to be implied by a couple of different endings?

Alfilaria

#5 Post by Alfilaria » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

There's no point in whiting out spoilers if you leave enough text that people can figure it out anyway... Just saying =/

I think I may have found a minor problem.... I just lost a vote of no confidence while engaged to the Duke of Sedna, but the text makes no mention of this when Banion declares himself to be Elodie's betrothed and regent. I assume it was broken off, but some mention of that would have been nice, especially since I'm guessing it's one of the things that upset them.

tangdok

Death by bandits

#6 Post by tangdok » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 pm

My magic wileding ability was 100 and i was wearing magical girl outfit.But somehow i decided to use bow.Then instead of using a healing ability.I decided to use herbs nearby.You should add magical way to get rid of bandits.I mean i can kill thousands of peasants with magic but i cant kill a few bandits.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm not sure what you're talking about - Elodie never uses a bow against bandits at any point in the game.

Can you paste the section you're talking about from the log?

In the big bandit attack, they use bows against her - it's a surprise attack, which is why she doesn't get the chance to use magic. When your first warning that someone is after you is an arrow sticking out of your gut, magic is less helpful!
I think I may have found a minor problem....
True, a small acknowledgement of the broken betrothal should probably get worked in there.

mjm1215

#8 Post by mjm1215 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 pm

I thought it was funny that even though I had Banion executed (I think?), he was still an option for a potential marriage candidate at the end of the game. :P

But it's no big deal because I hate to think how time consuming it was to change the ending for every decision made.

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Check your logfile to be sure it was that game you had him offed in?

The code has a check to be sure he's still the Duke of Maree before listing him for your consideration, so it *shouldn't* have him showing up there if you've gotten rid of him, but there may have been a glitch in the check. If you have a logfile so I can compare what choices you made, we'll check it. :)

mjm1215

#10 Post by mjm1215 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 pm

I didn't save the completed game, but if that happens again I will look at it more closely. Thanks!

DensetsuVI

#11 Post by DensetsuVI » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Actually another ending mentioned that she got a raiding party of sorts to go into the woods. It noted that things failed and many died, is there an alternate version where we actually have success in those woods, based on attributes or choices, perhaps?

Kirroha

#12 Post by Kirroha » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Since there's this topic, I think I can mention another ending discrepancy:

If you killed Charlotte's mother but also chose to sacrifice Charlotte to the kracken, the ending says that Elodie and Charlotte slowly patch up their relationship over the years... but then in the next page, it talks about Charlotte being bound and gagged and fed to the kracken. I don't think Charlotte will be kept alive for that many years...

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Ah, so someone did manage to kill Charlotte! You monster. :)

Will fix in upcoming patch; have been busy trying to sort out the Lion issues recently.