Moods Impact

Rule the world - or die trying!
Atarun

Moods Impact

#1 Post by Atarun » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Hey there, I bought Long Live the Queen a few days ago and I'm having a lot of fun dying in all sorts of unexpected ways and failing at everything... ahem...
Anyway, I tried each and every mood to determine the impact and I thought others might benefit from that. Though practical, I don't think it'd spoil the game for anyone (it's quite tricky to figure out how to get in the right mood at the right time, anyway).

There goes:

Please do tell me if I made a mistake so that I can fix the table, or if you have a suggestion for me to improve it. :)

TheChristianBrony

#2 Post by TheChristianBrony » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:38 pm

This is really cool but I think some of the stats might be a bit off. For instence, I know that whenever I was willfull, I could get bonuses in weapons, military, Lumen, and Intruige.
Jesus loves everyone and forgives all of sin if asked.
Bronies love and Tolerate

Christian...Brony. Man that's a looot of Love.

Atarun

#3 Post by Atarun » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 pm

TheChristianBrony wrote:This is really cool but I think some of the stats might be a bit off. For instence, I know that whenever I was willfull, I could get bonuses in weapons, military, Lumen, and Intruige.
Are you sure? I just checked and Willful gives me -2 Royal Demeanor, -2 History, +1 Intrigue, -2 Economics, +1 Military and +1 Lumen.
I see no bonus in Weapons.

My version is LongLiveTheQueenRetail-1.0.3... in case that's where the difference comes from. :wink:

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm

TheChristianBrony wrote:This is really cool but I think some of the stats might be a bit off. For instence, I know that whenever I was willfull, I could get bonuses in weapons, military, Lumen, and Intruige.
Your bonuses are also affected by how much you've studied a skill previously, so if you'd been pumping Weapons you may have built up a non-mood bonus in the stat.

Similarly, nothing gives a +2 - the Yielding bonus to Royal Demeanor is only +1, and Pressured doesn't boost it at all.

Atarun

#5 Post by Atarun » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm

hanako wrote: Your bonuses are also affected by how much you've studied a skill previously, so if you'd been pumping Weapons you may have built up a non-mood bonus in the stat.

Similarly, nothing gives a +2 - the Yielding bonus to Royal Demeanor is only +1, and Pressured doesn't boost it at all.
Indeed, it gets tricky to work out the real bonus, because it takes a while to reach some moods and in the meantime you have to study at least one skill... Which is why I knew there had to be mistakes in my table. ^^

No big deal, though, I'll fix it until it's perfect. :wink:

EDIT: There. Yielding and Pressured impacts on Royal Demeanor fixed.

Ladymakaze

#6 Post by Ladymakaze » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 am

Nice one. Royal Demeanor is definitely one of the more challenging categories to level up.

While not a mood, per say the 'Injured' status may appear depending on how hard you fail at a certain 'Climbing' action. As far as I know, this status puts a penalty on your Physical skills as it might any other mood. Haven't checked to see if the effects of the Injured status stack with that of your mood, but it might be worth looking into.

Or not, since it only lasts for that one turn and you could easily just backtrack to avoid the injury in the first place. XD;

FantasyFan

#7 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:24 am

THANK YOU. That chart will be REALLY helpful. I've only managed to get to coronation once (before the game was officially released), and now that it's out I keep dying or losing the throne . . . I don't even remember how I managed to win before.

TheChristianBrony

#8 Post by TheChristianBrony » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:47 am

ohhh I see, my bad lol
Jesus loves everyone and forgives all of sin if asked.
Bronies love and Tolerate

Christian...Brony. Man that's a looot of Love.

Atarun

#9 Post by Atarun » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 am

@Ladymakaze
I haven't had a chance to use Climbing yet. XD
If you send me a log where you got the Injured status, I'll add it to the table. ;)

@FantasyFan
You're very welcome.
And you're not alone in wondering how the hell you managed/avoided something on one playthrough. XD
Reminds me of fighting games: if you mash all buttons randomly, you sometimes unleash devastating techniques and you can't reproduce them willingly, no matter how long you try. ^^'

@TheChristianBrony
Well, there _were_ mistakes in the table. There might still be some. ^^

Rhidian

#10 Post by Rhidian » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Here is what should be the correct list, at least according to the functions the game uses to modify the stats...

Code: Select all

Injured Penalty: Agility, Weapons, Athletics, Animal Handling

Afraid Bonus: Faith, Agility
Afraid Penalty: Royal Demeanor, Weapons, Military, Intrigue

Pressured Bonus: Athletics, Faith
Pressured Penalty: Conversation, History, Economics

Depressed Bonus: Expression, Animal Handling
Depressed Penalty: Royal Demeanor, Conversation, Athletics

Angry Bonus: Weapons, Military
Angry Penalty: Royal Demeanor, Medicine, Animal Handling

Yielding Bonus: History, Royal Demeanor, Faith
Yielding Penalty: Lumen, Weapons

Cheerful Bonus: Athletics, Conversation
Cheerful Penalty: Weapons, Military, Intrigue

Lonely Bonus: Conversation, Medicine
Lonely Penalty: Faith, Royal Demeanor, Intrigue

Willful Bonus: Lumen, Intrigue, Military
Willful Penalty: Royal Demeanor, History, Economics
There are two other bonuses (besides the mood) that apply when training a skill.

Group Bonus (ie Royal Demeanor or Conversation): The value shown here is equal to the mood bonus (-1, 0, or +1) + 0.1*(sum of the three skills in the group)

Meta-Group Bonus (ie Social, Physical, etc): This value is equal to (sum of all skills within the sub-groups it contains) * 0.001

So when you train a skill, the amount of points you gain is:
5 * (2 + group bonus + meta-group bonus)
Last edited by Rhidian on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atarun

#11 Post by Atarun » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Rhidian wrote:Here is what should be the correct list, at least according to the functions the game uses to modify the stats...
How strange... There are clearly moods that impact skills very negatively (at least -2 if not -3), but that doesn't appear in your list... How come?

Rhidian

#12 Post by Rhidian » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Atarun wrote:
Rhidian wrote:Here is what should be the correct list, at least according to the functions the game uses to modify the stats...
How strange... There are clearly moods that impact skills very negatively (at least -2 if not -3), but that doesn't appear in your list... How come?
Because I don't try out my observations in the game to see if they hold up :| It seems I misread the functions... the groupings are correct (in terms of penalties and bonuses), but there was no mention of the magnitude, so I just assumed it was 1.

Atarun

#13 Post by Atarun » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Rhidian wrote:Because I don't try out my observations in the game to see if they hold up :| It seems I misread the functions... the groupings are correct (in terms of penalties and bonuses), but there was no mention of the magnitude, so I just assumed it was 1.
I see. I fixed the table so that it matches your list. The only problem was with the Angry mood. I'll have to check it again to see why I got it so wrong. ^^

That and I added Injured, except with only -1 penalties because I've never had this status in-game, so I've got no idea what the magnitude of the penalties are. ^^'

Rhidian

#14 Post by Rhidian » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Well, Injured isn't really a controllable mood, so it's fine if it's not on the table. It only gives pentalties, in any case.

There's also the Neutral mood, but that's simply 0 bonuses/penalties to everything

Edit: After checking it out with the console, it seems Injured, whenever it occurs, applies a -3 bonus to all of the physical skills (Agility, Weapons, Athletics, Animal Handling)

Muse

#15 Post by Muse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:17 am

Thank you so much! That table is very useful!