so hard to play (request for mood viewer on weekend)

Rule the world - or die trying!
HoshiGiniro

so hard to play (request for mood viewer on weekend)

#1 Post by HoshiGiniro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:59 am

i feel that the passage of time is to fast like all these things keep happening and i dont have enough time to react ....if i plan for one even i miss out on three others its really frustrating...and i wish there was a way to view my mood as im choosing the weekend activity i have a bad memory
Last edited by HoshiGiniro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anarchy

#2 Post by Anarchy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 am

Can I second the request to have an option to view your mood on the weekend activity screen? It would really, really help to have that. It's very frustrating to have to try to remember what your mood is when trying to decide what activity to choose.

JackMackerel

#3 Post by JackMackerel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 am

Oh, yeah, that, too. I know it'll get the "just open it and remember, it ain't that hard!" retort from... someone?, but it's kinda annoying to have to keep clicking everywhere to compare notes.

Hesquidor

#4 Post by Hesquidor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

I'd like to third the request to be able to see the moods on the weekend selection screen. It would be really helpful to see as I start planning her mood crashes way in advance, particularly since some of the activities mood modifiers change sometimes depending on what mood she's in.

HoshiGiniro

#5 Post by HoshiGiniro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm

what i don't get is that she just came home from a boarding school and doesn't have any skills whatsoever ...i thing the opening of the game should have some questions that will mathematically determine some starting skills depending on the answers

Rhidian

#6 Post by Rhidian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm

I fourth the request for viewing mood on the weekend. Several times I did an activity I thought would balance out my mood, only to find out afterwards that it wasn't the mood I wanted to affect.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:18 pm

She does have SOME skills from boarding school, they're just taken as a baseline and not listed on the charts. What she's studying now is more of a highly focused Royal Cram Course where she's having to take things in a lot faster than she did at school.

Will consider having some form of mood viewer when choosing weekend activities. I don't mind putting it in, it's just a matter of figuring out how to make the interface work in a non-ugly manner.

Atarun

#8 Post by Atarun » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm

I noticed that feature is currently under review, but I'd still like to fifth the motion for mood viewer before weekend activities...

The problem for me isn't that I have to remember the mood during the week, but that every so often the events right before the weekend bring along mood points... It's near impossible (for me) to remember all mood levels so as to determine the resulting mood...

Just a small reminder somewhere, akin to the one on the Skills window, would be awesome. 8)

gronk

#9 Post by gronk » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Actually it is quite easy to see the mood at the weekend.
Press escape at the mood activity screen -> save
Then advance one day (preferably with a mood choice that doesn't change anything).
Then reload.

I know its a bit annoying, but since moods make or break your game you should actually be aware of your mood all the time.
I wrote it into a notepad session for every single week, plus i noted the mood changes from events as well.

Atarun

#10 Post by Atarun » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 pm

gronk wrote:Actually it is quite easy to see the mood at the weekend.
Easy as in "easy to figure out", yes.
But it's impractical and a pain in the neck. :roll:

By the same reasoning, you might argue that there shouldn't be a Mood screen at all. It is, after all, quite easy to calculate the mood levels from feedback bubbles. :wink:

gronk

#11 Post by gronk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:48 am

@Atarun
I agree that it makes the game significantly harder not showing the current mood (especially for casual players). And without writing down your mood it makes this an annoying check since you will have to do this almost every single week.
But there are at least 2 occasions in the game that have mood adjustments without bubbles. I only noticed this both times a week after when i wanted to flip my mood and it didn't work. One time i had to backtrack about three weeks simply to account for one "hidden" change.
Also unless an event pushed a mood by more than 2 points, at the end of every single week the highest one of my mood levels was 2 and the total of all my moods was always 5 or less.

Having something like 0010 and getting one cheerful bubble makes it very easy to know that you'll be cheerful at the end of the week and should go to attendance if you want your mood unchanged from the previous week.

I think the same reason why the nice mood-boosts-skill table isn't shown in game is the same reason the mood isn't shown during weekends. Though it would definitely make the game nicer to see not only your mood but also your skill levels at the end of the week (at the point you choose a mood activity)

Atarun

#12 Post by Atarun » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:33 pm

@gronk
I don't think it'd make the game easier, just more practical.
And there are two HUGE differences between mood and skills:
- Skills do not change right before the activity choice, whereas mood may.
- Activities impact mood directly and skills indirectly. Chances are you already know what mood you want to end up in and at that point, skills do not matter.

I think the current mood should be shown right at the time of choosing an activity not just because it's more practical, but because it's more coherent: you can view skills before choosing classes and you're shown the current mood when you review skills. IMO, it is only logical to see the current mood before choosing the activity that will impact it.

Also, you might keep all your mood levels below 2 during the entire game, but I don't. If your mood values are all over the place, the mood-changing events right before choosing the activity make the current mood rather unpredictable, even if you remember what the mood was beforehand. :(

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Beta patch 1.0.6 now has a big honking MOOD button on the weekend activity screen. I'm not sure I like having it be so pink and demanding of clicking. Pondered making it a darker "current mood" button which can be clicked on for the full mood... except that the "current mood" display is not usually clickable so that would be confusing.

Anyway, if you want to look, set your game to view beta patches and check for updates. Feedback welcome. :)

HoshiGiniro

#14 Post by HoshiGiniro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 am

hanako wrote:Beta patch 1.0.6 now has a big honking MOOD button on the weekend activity screen. I'm not sure I like having it be so pink and demanding of clicking. Pondered making it a darker "current mood" button which can be clicked on for the full mood... except that the "current mood" display is not usually clickable so that would be confusing.

Anyway, if you want to look, set your game to view beta patches and check for updates. Feedback welcome. :)
thank you so much Hanako im so happy to have a way to see my mood ...and the pink of the button is not to obtrusive ...it matches the theme of the game and fits quite well

Atarun

#15 Post by Atarun » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:17 pm

hanako wrote:Beta patch 1.0.6 now has a big honking MOOD button on the weekend activity screen. I'm not sure I like having it be so pink and demanding of clicking. Pondered making it a darker "current mood" button which can be clicked on for the full mood... except that the "current mood" display is not usually clickable so that would be confusing.

Wow. Just wow. It's PERFECT!
I'll have a playthrough with it and possibly give you more feedback afterwards, but for now, I need to say: thank you, it's perfect. :D