This game is hard but fun

Rule the world - or die trying!
deb44

This game is hard but fun

#1 Post by deb44 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 pm

This game is hard!, I keep getting Civil War or getting attacked by bandits no matter what skills i pick to study

JackMackerel

#2 Post by JackMackerel » Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Still easier than Princess Maker 2. :V

Riviera

#3 Post by Riviera » Thu May 31, 2012 1:23 am

JackMackerel wrote:Still easier than Princess Maker 2. :V
What? Really? This game is kicking my butt! I ruled at PM2, though. XD

Really, all you have to do is adventure and get lots of loots in PM2 and you can pay your way into anything you want.

Anarchy

#4 Post by Anarchy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:37 am

You don't die as much in PM2. Just sayin.

(Really though, I feel like PM2 is much more straightforward compared to this game.)

MrMRA

#5 Post by MrMRA » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Something about this game really works for me -- it's just fun to play. Good tension in the story, too. Lots of mysteries unsolved because I don't have the right skills -- I want to replay. Lots of political background characters and names to get a hold of. When you increase various skills like Lore and History, you get great background. I like how every time your skill increases there's some excellent textual detail to read. If it were just a number, it would be boring. The text makes the skills come alive!

I think this one just has a great mix of elements, great balancing. Best game yet!

I kinda like all the deaths, too. It's a hazardous world! My first death happened when refusing a duel. It's fun to try a different path. I think I'm going to end up with a big save game collection 6 months from now.

Cheers,

-mra

JackMackerel

#6 Post by JackMackerel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:32 am

Riviera wrote:
JackMackerel wrote:Still easier than Princess Maker 2. :V
What? Really? This game is kicking my butt! I ruled at PM2, though. XD

Really, all you have to do is adventure and get lots of loots in PM2 and you can pay your way into anything you want.
Huh, in my non-cheat games, it was hard as f to get my princess to adventure and NOT get her bum kicked every time she went out, especially since you can barely afford any classes, saving up loot or not.

(Then again, I was thinking 'hard' as in 'holy hell why are these classes so expensive?!')

Anyway, yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to manipulate moods so Queenie can be ~perfect~ on each encounter.

Riviera

#7 Post by Riviera » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Same here. I keep thinking I have a great playthrough going, then suddenly wham! I Did Not Expect That!

*dead princess*

Soulbringer

#8 Post by Soulbringer » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Obviously you pissed some of your subjects off >.<

And about the civil war, "keep it civil", or CRUSH them!
About the bandits, there are actually a couple of ways of handling it (you do not have to use combat skills to handle that situation)

RedSocialKnight

#9 Post by RedSocialKnight » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Argh argh argh!

I'm a mighty magical girl, you damned rebels! How dare you defeat me?

Soulbringer

#10 Post by Soulbringer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:11 pm

If your Lumen Wielding Queen to be, is about to blast EVERY SINGLE peasent, who would back down first? ^^

((I do enjoy the fact that you yourself choose how "cruel" elodie turns out - side note, the "cruel" stat, would have been nice if it wasnt a hidden one...))

And yes one of the great things about the game is how easy it is to die, you are afterall playing a 14year old trying to take the throne... (i guess i cant help sounding mean in this thread >.<)