Cheat codes

Rule the world - or die trying!
Atris

Cheat codes

#1 Post by Atris » Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Okay, I've completed the game once and I feel ready to cheat! :twisted: But how do I do it? Thanks in advance!

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Nothing related to cheats can even be hinted at until at least a good long while after the game's official release, because if cheats are around when people start playing it will totally screw up their experience. :)

If you can just bypass all checks, the resulting story you'll get will make NO SENSE because everything is hinged off everything else. I don't mind leaking it eventually for people who've already gotten several endings and want to experiment, but it'll be a few months at least.

Rhidian

#3 Post by Rhidian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:50 am

Does this mean we're not allowed to post information about any cheats we find until you've leaked them yourself?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:06 am

I'd prefer such hints not be posted publicly, yes. It's NOT hard for people with technical knowhow to figure it out, but I want to avoid new players innocently trying to make things 'easier' for themselves the first time they hit a snag, and then discovering there's no game left!
Last edited by hanako on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

JackMackerel

#5 Post by JackMackerel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:46 am

As a raging cheater, I'd have to agree with Hanako here, even though watching my princess think it's a brilliant idea to gobble random chocolate or shove arrows into her innards is infuriating.

Trial and error, my friends. Trial and error.

Rhidian

#6 Post by Rhidian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:00 pm

I see your point... I probably would have rage-cheated my way past all of the deaths I've encountered, which would ruin part of the experience for me. I only started looking into the debugging console after finally surviving to coronation one time.
Last edited by Rhidian on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheChristianBrony

#7 Post by TheChristianBrony » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 am

What are debuggings codes and what do you mean "use them at my own discretion?" Could these potentially harm the game and break it? o.o

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:39 am

That too. Hacking around in your game is Not Officially Recommended. You could break stuff.

But mostly because it'll ruin the fun of the game if you succeed at everything without all the hard work. :)

TheChristianBrony

#9 Post by TheChristianBrony » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:48 am

hanako wrote:That too. Hacking around in your game is Not Officially Recommended. You could break stuff.

But mostly because it'll ruin the fun of the game if you succeed at everything without all the hard work. :)

Ooook yeah, I'd rather not mess with that stuff if it can hurt the game itself. I may be getting frusterated but it's not worth ruing the game over.

Pfff, I beat FF10 using pure cheat codes because I couldn't pass a certain boss. I mostly just wanted to know the endings. But I'm kidding to, because I was actually pretty dissapointed after having putting so much time into FF10 and then just cheating my way to the end. I meant some sort of little boosts that might make the game slightly easier. I often panic when trying to plan out what course I'm going to choose and then my brain thinks up of a million things you might need skill points in just to survive and unltimately I end up dieing, and again...and again. lol.

Rhidian

#10 Post by Rhidian » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:51 pm

TheChristianBrony wrote:
Rhidian wrote:After much trial and error, I have a list of functional debugging codes (the most useful ones at least :D ).

PM me, and use them at your own discretion.

What are debuggings codes and what do you mean "use them at my own discretion?" Could these potentially harm the game and break it? o.o
I mean several things when I say use at your own discretion. Saving your game after using the debugger will show (debugger) somewhere in the save name area.

The main thing though is like Hanako said; it can ruin the fun by making the game too easy if you just cheat past the difficult parts. It's ultimately your choice if you choose to PM me and/or use the debugger codes at all.

HoshiGiniro

#11 Post by HoshiGiniro » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:56 am

Rhidian wrote: I mean several things when I say use at your own discretion. Saving your game after using the debugger will show (debugger) somewhere in the save name area.

The main thing though is like Hanako said; it can ruin the fun by making the game too easy if you just cheat past the difficult parts. It's ultimately your choice if you choose to PM me and/or use the debugger codes at all.
yes it does take some of the satisfaction out of the game specially since not manually reaching the skill point of 25 each prevents you from getting an outfit in that section lol

but not to worry i still like it even tho it frustrates the hell out of me

Rhidian

#12 Post by Rhidian » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 am

I finally figured out how to output the values of different variables (amongst other things), but unfortunately it is the first thing that I have found that can crash the game if inputted incorrectly. If you are a person with 'technical knowhow' and are interested in how to output values onto the screen, send me a PM 8)
Edit:
Well... I now know more than is good for me, which means I have to stop here. Turns out using a loop to output all of the (names of ) variables/functions the game uses to the log... is very possible :|
Last edited by Rhidian on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allafif

#13 Post by Allafif » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I could really use these. I managed to get to coronation already, but finding the different subplots is really frustrating with the limited timeframe and certain skills required for survival.

shini

#14 Post by shini » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a PM if that's allowed, kind of frustrating to find all the possibilities while keeping some skills high enough to survive.

Pretty Guardian

I would adore the codes

#15 Post by Pretty Guardian » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:31 am

I've ran through the game a few times already, but I want to get all the endings, and painfully leveling up and redoing a lot of the stuff is getting tiring ;A;

If anyone is willing to give me the debug console codes, I'd love it.

Thank you.