Chocolates

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

Chocolates

#1 Post by hanako » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 pm

(Making a few help topics for particular events in the game so people can discuss how to GET the event, how to AVOID the event, and how to SURVIVE the event.)

Someone may send Elodie a nasty little present. If she eats the chocolates, things will probably go badly for her.

This event will happen in most playthroughs but it can be avoided entirely if you neutralise the sender early enough in the game. (Have you worked out who did send the chocolates?)

It is possible to eat the poison and survive if your Poison skill is high enough, but this isn't the easiest way.

Many skills will give you a hint that something is wrong with the chocolates and give you the option to choose not to eat them.

Rozelliee

#2 Post by Rozelliee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 am

Quoting from other thread:
I think to avoid the chocolate at least, in my opinion the easiest thing to do is get your skill in Dogs up to 50 exactly, which doesn't take too long and doesn't require you to gain 25 points in the other Animal Care skills.
There are probably many other easy ways to do this, though- I just think that the dog way is the cutest. <3

Do I need to spoiler things in these sorts of threads?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 am

Probably not unless you want to. I figure it should be obvious that these threads have more details in them, right?

FantasyFan

#4 Post by FantasyFan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 am

A high level in BOTH production and trade will give you the option to set aside the chocolates for later, but then a servant or someone will eat them instead.

Rozelliee

#5 Post by Rozelliee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

Oh. Does the Dog option do that too? Because when I did the event I had a high level in both production and trade and in dogs.

I've decided to not spoiler things.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:01 am

Yes, the dog does it too. If you pass any of the relevant checks you'll have the "don't eat them now" option unlocked. There are quite a few different skills that can get you through this one.

Nada

#7 Post by Nada » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 am

Having high court manners unlocks the "put them aside" option as well. =)

Oki

#8 Post by Oki » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:55 pm

I neutralized them once in my super all powerful lumen playthrough who kills everyone. ....Who sent them is the question as I never figured it out XD
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

LateWhiteRabbit

#9 Post by LateWhiteRabbit » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:52 am

FantasyFan wrote:A high level in BOTH production and trade will give you the option to set aside the chocolates for later, but then a servant or someone will eat them instead.
I knew they were poisonous from a previous playthrough, so I prepared and got the option to set them aside for later. When the servant snuck and ate one I laughed so much at the thought of someone dying and then being found in the middle of the princess's pilfered candy.

Then I felt bad.

Oki

#10 Post by Oki » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 pm

When I finally figured out who it was I laughed and laughed and laughed some more. I wonder, if you manage all three do you get a special scene? Maybe if Elodie unlocks all three she's like WAIT A SECOND HERE..

gladi

#11 Post by gladi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 am

FantasyFan wrote:A high level in BOTH production and trade will give you the option to set aside the chocolates for later, but then a servant or someone will eat them instead.
Bright day
You need combined level of about 70+, which I found to be the option taking the least extra time, as you need trade for at least for two previous events and production for one of those two.

dizzcity

#12 Post by dizzcity » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:40 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the thresholds for the checks are as follows:

To get the option to "Save them for later" (and get a servant killed), either:

* Production + Trade = 60, or
* Court Manners = 80, or
* Dogs = 50.

Otherwise, you'll eat them (+1 Cheerful, +2 Depressed). To survive the experience, you need

* Poison = 70

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:12 pm

There's also a Divination check earlier with the flowers that can make you sufficiently nervous about the chocolates to make you willing to pass them.

Ikaru

#14 Post by Ikaru » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 am

Who did send them though? Oh wait....Lucile? I think that is what my spy told me...
I may be schizophrenic... but at least I have eachother.

I'm not random, you just can't think as fast as me.

Due to the current financial restraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

cae

#15 Post by cae » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 am

I thought that the dialogue for Production + Trade was the most interesting when deciding not to eat the chocolates.

Yes,it was Lucile who sent the chocolates.