General hints/tips/strategy

Rule the world - or die trying!
biscuit

#16 Post by biscuit » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Just wondering, is it only the 'overall' mood that affects how quickly you learn the different skills, or is it based on each individual mood bar? Or am I seeing differences because the more you learn in one skill category, the more quickly you pick up things in related skills?

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Only the overall mood (the one indicated in 'current mood' at the top and displayed by Elodie's expression) has a mood-based effect.

But yes, raising related skills will also increase your learning speed. The more related skills you learn the faster you can get those numbers up.

kyoli

#18 Post by kyoli » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:32 pm

i would like help in knowing how you want your mood to make it easier to learn the different skills like history intrigue and economics and weapons? i am trying to figure it out but the more i try the more i get confused and end up wasting time and weekends

DarthSnuggles

#19 Post by DarthSnuggles » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 am

kyoli wrote:i would like help in knowing how you want your mood to make it easier to learn the different skills like history intrigue and economics and weapons? i am trying to figure it out but the more i try the more i get confused and end up wasting time and weekends
THIS.

I've been trying to keep track of mood and how it affects your ability to learn, but so far the only thing I've really been able to determine is that being angry seems to make it easier to learn combat skills (military and weapons) and being afraid improves your reflexes. I think it would be a lot easier to plan if I knew more about how the various moods and skills interact.

Also, in my experience (though I haven't yet managed to get a "good" ending--I always lose the naval battle and my composure isn't high enough not to attack the consort-King, so I usually get killed) it seems like spending the time to max out your Conversation and Intrigue skills fairly early on can give you more options around the middle of the game (about week 20, I think) and make it easier to keep at least some of the nobles happy.

Oki

#20 Post by Oki » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 am

That I can help with!

Yielding gets you the ability to have Royal Demeaner, Conversation, and Expression all at once. I find it's easiest to get of the others, and it has the least deficits. BUT gaining Lumen skills is -3 in yielding.

Willful makes Royal Demeanor ...not so good, History and economics as well. So if you're going for the lumen the non blow up way, you don't need to be in willful or you wont be able to raise accounting.

Afraid? You'll be afraid of weapons and talking to people significantly. Something else as usual but yeah, wasnt goin for it XD

Depressed, you can't think or look like a queen. So no royal demeanor or conversation skills will be easy to obtain.

Pressured, you don't have any conversation skills. Don't use it too much. /but I know it hurts conversation pretty fierce.

Cheerful makes intrigue, weapons, and military hard to obtain. But all your social abilities pretty simple in this one. Plus in athletics as well.

Wow...Lonely...is the only one I don't ever...use so...couldn't tell ya...

Angry...I'll get to that tomorrow. Only did it for my evil playthrough and I have used alllll the save files x___x

gladi

#21 Post by gladi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 am

Bright day
AFAIK, I am not at my computer:
Lonely increases Medicine and Conversation
Pressured increases History and Faith
Angry increases Weapons and Military
Afraid increases Agility and Faith
Cheerful increases Athletics and Conversation
Depression increases Expression and Animal Handling
Willful increases Intrigue, Military and Lumen
Yielding increases Court Demeanour, History and Faith

Hanako, it is probably too early for us, players to start making detailed list of events here, is it not?

hanako
Site Admin

#22 Post by hanako » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Unless people report more bugs or strongly demand new events, I'm not planning on adding much at this point, right now we're mostly waiting on the last bit of art. So lists are fine.

The latest patch makes it a bit easier to see what skills are affected because when you take a class it will display any mood bonus or penalty under the progress bar. So with a bit of experimentation you can get a list.

Naiomi666

so

#23 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 pm

So will you be releasing cheat codes? When my Machiavelli techniques fail I get pretty close to destroying my computer so I'm taking a little break from the game. They would help whenever I try a different tactic but fail.

LateWhiteRabbit

Re: so

#24 Post by LateWhiteRabbit » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Naiomi666 wrote:So will you be releasing cheat codes? When my Machiavelli techniques fail I get pretty close to destroying my computer so I'm taking a little break from the game. They would help whenever I try a different tactic but fail.
I started succeeding once I began keeping detailed notes on what events happened and when, and what the necessary skills and levels were. That way I could plan out my moves, like "I know the NPC requesting investment funds shows up in Week X, and I need this skill at this level to have the option to say yes."

Finding the most efficient way to distribute skills in a constrained time period is really the meat of the gameplay.

Muse

#25 Post by Muse » Sun May 06, 2012 9:32 am

I was curious about something. I assume it is not possible to do a "perfect" run of this, with passing all skill tests? It seems quite obvious that it is not, but I wanted to make sure for my own sanity. :lol:

How are you guys finding what skill levels are needed, btw? I seem to be way under or over shooting, and having trouble. (For example I was using maxed presence or accounting to get into the treasury for the crystal.)

hanako
Site Admin

#26 Post by hanako » Sun May 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Perfection is definitely not possible.

There may well be some content in the game that isn't humanly possible to reach on any playthrough, but is there JUST IN CASE someone pulls off tricks we didn't think about.

As for gauging the right skill level - The checks usually relate at least somewhat to what you learn at the various class milestones, so if you can work out the relevant bit of information that has to be learned, you can tell exactly what value you need. Trial and error is probably easier though!

Muse

#27 Post by Muse » Sun May 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Thank you for the information, Hanako! It's nice to know that I don't have to pull my hair out, since I often try to go for perfect runs in VNs.

Also, thank you for the information on the skill levels! I noticed some definitely seemed to correspond, so I will pay closer attention to them now.

Rinvee

#28 Post by Rinvee » Sun May 13, 2012 11:28 am

Oh, God... That game is simply evil. I don't know how many times I had to reload in order not to get killed or embarrased myself in front everyone or simply becoming engaged to some bishounen (THAT wouldn't be so bad but I'm at the point that I'm becoming paranoid of every character that appears). Well... Actually this is what makes Long Live the Queen (who gave that game such sarcastic title, anyway) so fantactis and addictive.

Anarchy

#29 Post by Anarchy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Does anyone know which mood increases economics? Because it seems like it's the only skill area that never gets enhanced by any mood... is this deliberate or a bug? Or did I just completely miss something obvious?

hanako
Site Admin

#30 Post by hanako » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Nope, mood doesn't help much with the math (there is one that penalises it though!) You've just got to buckle down to it.