Alpha Bug Reports / Feedback

Rule the world - or die trying!
hanako
Site Admin

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 pm

One thing I'm probably going to add soon is something similar to the trophy system, a checklist for some of the rare/interesting events that can be found.

liz4187

#2 Post by liz4187 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Having fun so far have gotten to different endngs. Im curious though if there is an ultimate ending.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 pm

There are a lot of outcomes that are happier than others, but there's no official value placed on the different post-coronation results, so what's "best" sort of depends on your opinion. (If you haven't survived long enough to reach the coronation yet, then yes, it IS there. But there are a bazillion different variations of the epilogue after that.)

One of the 'better' things to do is to manage to fight off the invasion using only military force, which we've been tweaking the difficulty of a lot. It's supposed to be hard but not impossible.

What sort of outcomes have you been getting?

liz4187

#4 Post by liz4187 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm

I have died a few times but so far have reached coronation twice including having my dad die in the Lumens fight and me having no heirs but am strong wise. Then I also have also beaten the Lumens in a one to one battle and get married to a foreign duke or something so yeah :P

liz4187

#5 Post by liz4187 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:34 pm

I've achieved the musical solution to the attack as well and became all artsy I was wondering if there are any additional activities to achieve other than sports. That seems to be the only one I get but it looks like there are other spots for others

Aletea

#6 Post by Aletea » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 pm

I've been wondering if the final product will have a way to look back at the endings you've achieved - in other words, the ability to go through your past completions and read their epilogues. That seems like it'd be a fun thing to have.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:54 pm

I was wondering if there are any additional activities to achieve other than sports. That seems to be the only one I get but it looks like there are other spots for others
IIRC the weekend activities that have to be unlocked are Sports, Dancing, and Hunting.
I've been wondering if the final product will have a way to look back at the endings you've achieved - in other words, the ability to go through your past completions and read their epilogues.
It's a reasonable idea, not quite sure how best to do it. If you've used the Log function, you've seen we already have a way to dump out most of the game text up until the epilogue. We could give you a log button at the end so that you can pull up the WHOLE story and then resave it wherever you wanted.

Alternately there could be some sort of special autosave maybe? (Spiky will probably hate this idea. :) ) We could possibly try to automatically save the game when you hit the coronation onto a special list so that you can reload them as you wish. Problem being that it would break the flow to stop and ask the player to name the autosave then, so I'm not sure how we'd differentiate between different plays in a way that would be recognisable.

liz4187

#8 Post by liz4187 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:00 pm

I also noticed thatwhen i hire the musician as a spy and she tells me of my aunts plot it doesnt matter whether or not i believe her or what punishment I choose as it doesn't effect the plot or my end result why is this?

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 pm

It should affect your end results; if it's not there's a bug. However, since things are SO busy around the end of the game, you don't actually get the results of what happened with that until the epilogue, usually.

There should be a section in the epilogue dealing with the duchy of Merva where your aunt is from that talks about what happened if you tried to execute or banish them.

What precisely are you seeing that you think definitely should change and isn't?

Aletea

#10 Post by Aletea » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Having a log button at the end would work, although I have to admit that an autosave function that appears right before the epilogue to pull that into a special list does appeal to me. My ideal vision of that would be for it to go into some sort of separate autosave list that is just for the epilogues, and perhaps just be designated by date and time of completion? That way it could be an automatic thing, and the completion of the story wouldn't be disrupted by it. There could always be an option to rename the saves later, I suppose.

In lieu of that, just a log button that would retrieve the whole story would be lovely.

As a more general note, I'm loving the game. It's harder than I had anticipated, but that's actually pretty cool; sometimes there's just a nice sense of accomplishment at managing to survive to the end, which I've found that I don't really get with most games.

Oki

#11 Post by Oki » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Got an error for you. I already did as Selene asked and let her kill my guards in order to get the crystal for me, and now when I click to visit her the game glitches every time and restarts the event as if I just asked my father where it was.

Incidentally I haven't beaten it yet. I refuse to fail checks I really want so XD
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

flwriter124

#12 Post by flwriter124 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 am

LOVE the game so far. :D
can you skip already seen text? if so i cant seem to find the button to start the skipping...

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 am

You can but it's not been made super-obvious in the existing GUI.

Personally I just hold down tab, but I suppose we should put in something a little friendlier... :)

(Also, there's a beta patch up which fixes a crash during the civil war, as well as one if Banion gives you a present. Go to Preferences and Check For Updates.)

Spiky Caterpillar

#14 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 am

Oki wrote:Got an error for you. I already did as Selene asked and let her kill my guards in order to get the crystal for me, and now when I click to visit her the game glitches every time and restarts the event as if I just asked my father where it was.

Incidentally I haven't beaten it yet. I refuse to fail checks I really want so XD
0.5.28 or later should fix the glitch with the Selene conversation. (It's an alpha patch for now, pending feedback.)
hanako wrote:Personally I just hold down tab, but I suppose we should put in something a little friendlier...
The control key also works. And is friendlier. :)

flwriter124

#15 Post by flwriter124 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 am

ive tried to download the beta update but it doesnt seem to take hold. any ideas on how to make it work?