Long Live The Queen (original game announcement)

Rule the world - or die trying!
Benazir

#16 Post by Benazir » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:13 am

Is it VN/GxB? :)

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Post by hanako » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm

No.

It's a sim, and while you are playing a female character and she may get married at the end, it is NOT a romance game. Marriage is politics here, you may barely (or never!) meet the person you have to marry.

After all, if things are going badly enough in the country you're trying to manage, marrying someone more powerful in the hopes taht they can protect you may be your only way out... there's no time there for hearts and flowers and learning their deep secrets. :)

perch

#18 Post by perch » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:16 pm

@Hanako

You have peaked my interest even more. It's political Princess Maker, only with a princess starting. I hold out hope for ending variations where my girl gets to give it all up and run off with a soldier or farmer and endings where she kicks some serious Risk skills at the other kingdoms and ends up single, but powerful or single and destitute.

Also does this mean that man with the magnificent golden curls shall be a sparkling addition to the cast? I'm really looking forward to this game. I was just thinking about loading Cute Knight or CKK for some sim raising. :D

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Post by hanako » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:36 pm

No, curly-haired dude was for a totally different game... which is now stalled due to the artist disappearing. sadly familiar story.

perch

#20 Post by perch » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Geez I'm sorry Hanako. That really does suck. :(

Benazir

#21 Post by Benazir » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:54 am

hanako wrote:there's no time there for hearts and flowers and learning their deep secrets. :)
Just as in Skyrim.... :?

Muse

#22 Post by Muse » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:41 am

Awwww. The political game sounds really fun. I do agree getting to run off with a knight or farmer and leave your country to rot sounds like a fun option.

But honestly, this sounds really interesting. There aren't many VNs (at least in the US?) that aren't romance games. I am very excited!

RedSocialKnight

Re: Another project in development

#23 Post by RedSocialKnight » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:09 pm

hanako wrote:While Magical Diary is stalled due to artist unavailability
Noooooooooooooooooo!
hanako wrote:I'm not sitting around doing nothing; here's another little project we have going on at the moment.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

animeluver45

#24 Post by animeluver45 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:22 am

:D The game looks so exquisite! I'm getting excited already!

skuzzbopper

SO EXCITED!

#25 Post by skuzzbopper » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:42 am

This game already has me so intrigued!

I know you've stated that it's not a romance sim, but I'm still looking forward to some romantic elements. Here's hoping, anyway. I LOVE the idea of a princess sim that's not all hearts and flowers-- actual politics! Amazing! I can't even wait!

This just looks SO cool!

fictionalfemme

#26 Post by fictionalfemme » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Ooh! So, is this going to be handled like Magical Diary where there's a preorder release and then an official release, or no? Also, have you given this project a name yet?

:mrgreen:{$$} <~~ me w/money in hand

Wakuseino

#27 Post by Wakuseino » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:48 am

[quote="hanako"marrying someone more powerful in the hopes taht they can protect you may be your only way out... there's no time there for hearts and flowers and learning their deep secrets. :)[/quote]

Yeah, I bolded that part for a very important reason. It seems to me that that's the perfect time to be learning their deep secrets, since you'll probably have to use it as ammunition if they decide to oppose you. Of course, to get those deep dark secrets you'd have to get someone to actively help you hunt those secrets down, and then there's the chance of it exploding in your face...

...Yeah, maybe I'm overthinking this a bit.

junsei7

#28 Post by junsei7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:25 pm

This sounds so interesting! Yay Hanako! The background is so lush and I am a real sucker for anime-style gravity-defying curls. :)

I am sorry to hear about artist troubles for other games, though. I hope these get sorted out for you.

hanako
Site Admin

#29 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 pm

The working title is "Long Live The Queen" - it may or may not be changed. Up until we do logo and title screen art there's always a chance of changing my mind. :)

There will probably be a very limited preorder release because this game is not as complicated as Magical Diary and will not need such thorough testing, so you'll have to keep an eye on the forum for when the test slots eventulaly come available.

kurobizzle

#30 Post by kurobizzle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 pm

I love the title!!! It feels like a non-romance Princess Maker, and that game was amazing. I can't wait for this to come out!! :D