reaching the most recent date

Female protagonist, in the hall for adventurous girls.
charonn

#1 Post by charonn » Sun May 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Is everyone able to get to march 30th atm? My game stops at march 12th. I have version 3.63.4 and it doesn't show me an option to update any further.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Set the option to show beta patches and you'll be able to catch up to where I expect things to be.

It's a little confusing right now because the game's still in development, so there is no real "stable" option.

When the game is finally finished, the stable version (the one you can see without changing any options) will be the one that most people are expected to be using, with beta being stuff that we're testing out to see if it's stable enough to become the new stable version.

However, right now it's obvious that any version is not finished, because the whole game isn't written! So right now, 'alpha' generally means things that Spiky has just put in for the first time and probably no one but me should be testing, and 'beta' is things that I've personally played at least once without crashing, so I'm ready to hand it to other testers. :)

charonn

#3 Post by charonn » Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 am

I updated to beta and my story is still stuck at march 12 :(.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 am

As mentioned elsewhere, if you saved your game right when it ran out of text in an old patch, then when you download a new patch it can't reload the scene properly so it doesn't get the new content. Back up a day or two.